• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
jeagoss

[Theme] Extremely Blue for Cyanogenmod

110 posts in this topic

Updated 12/16/2010

Current Stable Versions:

0.0.16 for cm-6.1.2:

Droid

0.0.16 for cm-6.1.1:

Nexus One, MyTouch Slide, Evo, Vision / Desire Z / G2

0.0.16 for cm-6.1.0:

Aria, Bravo / Desire, BravoC / Desire CDMA, Dream / Sapphire,

Hero(GSM), HeroC(CDMA), Legend, Geeksphone One, Droid Incredible

Current Testing Version:

Currently None

Well, after some work and learning, I give to you a theme that is loaded with blue. Blue is EVERYWHERE!!

I really didn't change icons or two many images. I mainly just made all orange / yellow hints blue, and added blue hints to everything. My aim is to make a completely unified blue theme on the base cyanogenmod rom. The theme also has glossy blue bars on the launcher. Screenshots below....

INFORMATION:

TheDude came up with an overlay to theme components of cyanogenmod at build time. After working with him on the overlay, this theme has been built with it. That means this theme is a complete rom, with my theme all happily integrated.

I have themed only what comes default in the rom. I have not added any extra apps or tweaked anything. It really is the stock rom turned really blue.

Proprietary Notes:

I have themed only what comes default in source. I have not themed any proprietary applications. If there is an app that you would like themed, please point me to the source repo, and I will see what I can do about making an addon containing it.

32A / EBI1 Notes:

bcrook maintains 32A / EBI1 kernels.

Download the correct kernel from here

The kernels are bs-version-ebi1-signed.zip

Downloads:

You can download the themes here.

Testing Downloads:

Currently None

Source Code:

The github for my original kitchen is here

The github for my overlay is here

The github for Theme Defaults is here

CyanogenMod's github is here

bcrooks github is here

koush's github is here

Install process:

This theme is the standard cyanogenmod rom with my theme added in. Install it like you would cyanogenmod rom. For more details on installing the cyanogenmod roms, please refer to the versions thread on either XDA or CyanogenMod.

Download, boot into recovery, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP, install theme, reboot. Remember. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP.

After the phone is booted, and you have a working desktop, be sure to run the "Theme Defaults" program in your launcher. This will set all of the default colors ad reboot your phone.

My theme is tested several times before I upload. It is stable on all counts as far as I can tell. Any problems, let me know. That being said

**DISCLAIMER - I'm not responsible if something horribly freaking bad goes wrong. Remember, you chose to install this theme - END DISCLAIMER**

Thanks to:

cyanogen - kicken rom and reason to create a theme

prash - answering my questions and pointing out my mistakes in thought and process

TheDude - amazing idea and work with the overlay that is now being used

mytharak - answering a couple questions and pointing me to some good tutorials

brandenk - for making themes I liked and could use as a comparison on this journey. I also used his pull down image on the launcher (it just looks cool)

Manigma77 - used his battery icons from the droidinator theme

bytesniper - test subject and critic

moby - test subject and critic

carguin - test subject and critic

WootRoot - helping me think of even more things to theme

if I have forgot anyone, it is only because my memory.......

extremely_blue_screens_small.jpg

Edited by Jeagoss
Chopes, Raquel, vision27 and 2 others like this

Changelog

Add drawables for CMParts, FM, and Torch. Add new framework drawables.

Update drawables in ADWLauncher. Merged drawables from wjb.

Add devices.

Removed drawables not used by froyo.

Thanks to Dave Id for pointing this out.

makefile fixes, image fixes

Upgraded to support CM6makefile help from github/wjb

Fixed a couple images that I missed in framework-res/drawable-mdpi

Thanks bkmo

Themed icon additions for the ADWLauncher app

Themed icon additions for the ADWLauncher and Spareparts sections in Settings

Now supports D/S

Fixes on some graphics

Added Theme Defaults program

Fixed a permissions issue

Patches included to remove the recovery.img and recovery directories.

Changed a few things in the install script to properly set the default colors

Change's made to support Wysie's Colors changes; sets default colors at install time

0.0.4:

The theme is now integrated at build time. I've themed several parts that weren't themed before.

0.0.3:

Recompiled all .9.pngs from source just for good measure. (done in part of fixing for thedude)

0.0.2:

Fixed a few .9.pngs that were acting funny (thanks prash for finding)

0.0.1:

Initial Release

Edited by Jeagoss

Changelog

Changed a few things in the install script to properly set the default colors

How did you set install script for default colors. I'm trying to do a theme and set the cyan colors to time, date, and notifications.

How did you set install script for default colors. I'm trying to do a theme and set the cyan colors to time, date, and notifications.

I patched ota_build_script and edify to include a custom shell script, as well as mount /data. The script runs at install time to set the colors. You can view the patch on my github for the overlay, as well as the script.

If I already have 5.0.7.1 installed, should I just flash the n1 image over what I have after a backup or wipe and install fresh?

If I already have 5.0.7.1 installed, should I just flash the n1 image over what I have after a backup or wipe and install fresh?

This is the 5.0.7.1 rom with my theme integrated at compile time. You an just install it over the top of stock, or install stock over the top of this one. If anything really wierd comes up, just clear your dalvik. But I haven't had that happen yet.

This is the 5.0.7.1 rom with my theme integrated at compile time. You an just install it over the top of stock, or install stock over the top of this one. If anything really wierd comes up, just clear your dalvik. But I haven't had that happen yet.

Just installed it as you said, works perfectly.

Made my N1 look all perdy :D

Thanks a ton.

I patched ota_build_script and edify to include a custom shell script, as well as mount /data. The script runs at install time to set the colors. You can view the patch on my github for the overlay, as well as the script.

I don't really know how to set the script as I'm just learning to theme. I can't figure it out.

I just want all the configurable colors to be cyan except the "Notification Item Colors" both set to black.

Thanks.

Hrm, does trackball alert work for anyone else? I keep getting a message saying framework is not stock CM.

Hrm, does trackball alert work for anyone else? I keep getting a message saying framework is not stock CM.

I haven't had any problems with it so far. I'll see if I can reproduce it somehow.

I don't really know how to set the script as I'm just learning to theme. I can't figure it out.

I just want all the configurable colors to be cyan except the "Notification Item Colors" both set to black.

Thanks.

I'll have a script generator soon that will help you with it. I can't say an exact ETA, but I hope to have it out in the next couple days.

I haven't had any problems with it so far. I'll see if I can reproduce it somehow.

Yeah, just did a wipe and tried installing again fresh, still no go. Keeps giving me that not stock message. Can pretty much do anything and it wont work, so 100% trigger rate :P

Have you pushed a different framework?

Yeah, just did a wipe and tried installing again fresh, still no go. Keeps giving me that not stock message. Can pretty much do anything and it wont work, so 100% trigger rate :P

Have you pushed a different framework?

Does it work on stock 5.0.7.1? I haven't made any modifications to the framework code that is default in cyanogenmod.

Does it work on stock 5.0.7.1? I haven't made any modifications to the framework code that is default in cyanogenmod.

Yeah it works with stock 5.0.7.1 which is whats odd.

Yeah it works with stock 5.0.7.1 which is whats odd.

I'll pull the latest framework changes and release a test build.

I'll pull the latest framework changes and release a test build.

sounds like a plan

Updated to 5.0.8-test3

The theme has also been ported to the Dream / Sapphire Series.

Screenshots updated. Yes, they are of the nexus version, but it looks pretty much the same on the Dream / Sapphire. Just minus the live wallpapers.

For all phones that are theme version 0.0.9 or above

After the phone is booted, and you have a working desktop, be sure to run the "Theme Defaults" program in your launcher. This will set all of the default colors.

If you have a red/orange highlight remaining in the launcher when you push the buttons, do the following:

Open ADW Settings (menu button -> ADW Settings)

Choose UI Settings

Choose Highlights press color

Push the blue circle in the center

Hit Ok

Do the same for Highlights focus color

Hit the home button

ADWLauncher will restart, and the orange highlighting is gone.

This is sexy! :D I think i might have to borrow this one for my personal collection. LOL Thanx Bro. I'm install this to my Dream now.

B)

Great job, looks awesome man. Keep it up.

Sickest theme I've run. Miss it. Any chance you'll theme Froyo? Can't give up Flash on my Droid, even for this theme.

Sickest theme I've run. Miss it. Any chance you'll theme Froyo? Can't give up Flash on my Droid, even for this theme.

As soon as Froyo source is dropped, and cyanogen/#teamdouche does it's magic, I'll build for froyo.

This does also make me want to update my binary theming scripts and see about making froyo blue......

Updated for 5.0.8-test4

this is very sexy :) nice work i might have to try this theme :)

Updated for 5.0.8-N1-test5

Also fixed a few icons I missed that were added in test4

Do you happen to know which system/app holds the keyboard alphabet? I know LatinIME holds the key icons and numbers, but I can't find where the alphabet is, so I can change the letter colors. Thanks.

Do you happen to know which system/app holds the keyboard alphabet? I know LatinIME holds the key icons and numbers, but I can't find where the alphabet is, so I can change the letter colors. Thanks.

I believe this is controlled through an XML file. I'll be digging into this in a bit since I am finally going to be fixing the unthemed android keyboard in my theme.