• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Freak4Dell

Motorola Droid Pro (XT610)

11 posts in this topic

Any chance of getting a version of CM for the Droid Pro? I know it's not a huge user base, but it seems like progress has plateaued. It's been rooted, and the SBF has been acquired, but the only ROM available is horribly buggy.

I was wondering the same. I love my pro but miss custom roms

I would like to see this as well, I love the Droid Pro, but I have finally been told by Verizon that Motorola has a bug in their software causing the reboot issue. Supposedly it will get fixed eventually, but I would like to have another option and unfortunately I am not skilled enough to write a port myself.

Any chance of getting a version of CM for the Droid Pro? I know it's not a huge user base, but it seems like progress has plateaued. It's been rooted, and the SBF has been acquired, but the only ROM available is horribly buggy.

Locked bootloader = no cyanogenmod. ever. unless someone gets a hold of moto's encryption keys.

Locked bootloader = no cyanogenmod. ever. unless someone gets a hold of moto's encryption keys.

Forgive me in advance. I'm not to familiar with how cooking ROMs for Android works. However, there is actually a custom ROM for the Pro. It's called Fission or something. The only problem is, it's very buggy, and as far as I know, not one person that has tried it has been able to use it as an everyday ROM. Since this ROM exists, though, doesn't it mean that somebody has already cracked the bootloader?

Forgive me in advance. I'm not to familiar with how cooking ROMs for Android works. However, there is actually a custom ROM for the Pro. It's called Fission or something. The only problem is, it's very buggy, and as far as I know, not one person that has tried it has been able to use it as an everyday ROM. Since this ROM exists, though, doesn't it mean that somebody has already cracked the bootloader?

Unfortunately, that does not mean the bootloader is cracked. The Droid X and Droid 2 have had several custom roms since very shortly after they were released, but still do not have cyanogen because their bootloaders are still locked down. This means that certain key parts of the system (chiefly boot.img) aren't accessible. Making roms that are missing parts in order to bypass a signed bootloader isn't cyanogen's game. It wouldn't be part of his "vision" for the direction of the rom, which as far as I can tell includes ensuring that the rom functions fully across all supported devices. Part of providing the best Android experience means making/keeping it open.

Hope that answers your question.

Unfortunately, that does not mean the bootloader is cracked. The Droid X and Droid 2 have had several custom roms since very shortly after they were released, but still do not have cyanogen because their bootloaders are still locked down. This means that certain key parts of the system (chiefly boot.img) aren't accessible. Making roms that are missing parts in order to bypass a signed bootloader isn't cyanogen's game. It wouldn't be part of his "vision" for the direction of the rom, which as far as I can tell includes ensuring that the rom functions fully across all supported devices. Part of providing the best Android experience means making/keeping it open.

Hope that answers your question.

Yes, thank you. That was very informative.

Disappointing that Motorola has locked down these wonderful devices, though.

Yes, thank you. That was very informative.

Disappointing that Motorola has locked down these wonderful devices, though.

Yeah that's the problem with moto. Great hardware, but they just dont get it from a software prospective (blur sucks). I think the carriers are partially to blame too. They want things to stay closed to keep people from tethering for free and removing their proprietary apps. Even HTC's devices are becoming harder to root, as evidenced by the thunderbolt.

After a long talk with Verizon support yesterday, mostly informing them about what they have posted on their own website and trying to find out when 3.8.7 would be available for me to get to fix the rebooting issue, I awoke this morning to find that an update for my phone had been downloaded and was ready to install. I am at almost 6 hours now and no reboot, and the corporate mail sync is now working. Not sure if my call sped up how fast I got the upgrade or if it was just luck but I am much happier now.

I've just bought a Droid Pro from USA (i'm in italy): in my opinion, it's a good device, but original rom has too many useless running apps and it's not very customizable.. Will CM crew create a rom for this phone? Thanks.

Just thought I should post up here. There's a port of CM being developed currently. It seems like there's still things to work out, but I just flashed it today, and from what I can tell, it's usable as a daily ROM, if you don't mind the missing features.

Thread on XDA with links and instructions:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1142728

Thread on DroidForums, where the developer has been posting. This one isn't so good for links to the newest versions, since there's no easy to find post with that information. However, it does have some good discussion in it:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-hacks/154369-gonna-build-cyanogenmod-7-pro.html

Thread on DroidForums listing the current issues and resolutions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-hacks/157634-cyanogenmod-pro-issues-thread.html