louisJ

HTC Incredible S

39 posts in this topic

Hi

Is there or will there be a cyanogenmod version for HTC INCREDIBLE S?

Thanks

I have a Nexus One and was thinking to upgrade it to Incredible S or something. I was wondering if CyanogenMod will support the HTC Incredible S... ?

Thanks.

Hi !

I had a HTC Magic for nearly two years and now I have the HTC Incredible S.

I was wondering like the others if cyanogenmod will be available for this phone ?

thanks

Just adding my voice to this request. Looking to upgrade to Incredible S, currently running a Desire (GSM) with CM7.0 RC4 and really want to see CM7 on the Incredible S when it arrives shortly.

Same, switched from N1 to HTC incredible S, would very much like having Cyanogen back on my phone =)

I just got the incredible s and want cyanogenmod, is it possible?

The Incredible S is a completely different device, so we would have to wait for a developer who will dig into it.

HTC Incredible | Cyanogenmod 7 | Tapatalk

Do you like that new phone? I am waiting on the incredible 2 in anticipation. Just want to make sure it is 4g first.

This phone is so cool, I love it! I can't wait till I can cyanogenmod it and make it even cooler!

I too am eager to see CyanogenMod support the Incredible S. Very nice phone, quick and powerful.

Best toy I've ever had!

Do you like that new phone? I am waiting on the incredible 2 in anticipation. Just want to make sure it is 4g first.

Looks like the Incredible 2 is going to be a global phone, but no 4g

HTC Incredible | Cyanogenmod 7 | Tapatalk

Edited by ThatOneDude

Requests will be ignored...the developers won't crank out a new release just because a few people ask for it. It takes a lot more than you realize...the ROM has to be ported to the particular hardware, something that takes a lot of pain and effort, and a lot of familiarity with the hardware to begin with, thus a particular developer is generally dedicated to particular hardware. Notice how CM isn't available for LG devices...

Requests will be ignored...the developers won't crank out a new release just because a few people ask for it. It takes a lot more than you realize...the ROM has to be ported to the particular hardware, something that takes a lot of pain and effort, and a lot of familiarity with the hardware to begin with, thus a particular developer is generally dedicated to particular hardware. Notice how CM isn't available for LG devices...

It never hurts to ask/show support for a ROM in advance. In some cases it could simply be a case of a dev thinking about it and thinking to himself/herself that they wouldn't do it unless they knew there was a demand for it. Either way there's no harm being done in this thread.

No harm what so ever! There are enough of of with this phone and obviously a lot of interest. Just keep asking and it will happen!

How long would support incredible s, or could I setup desire HD's rom ? thank you.

I am trying to build CM7 from the IncS and I was hoping it would be a fairly simple start as koush has already ported ClockworkMod, so the proprietary files are already in the repo (incs).

I tried building but I can't make head nor tail of the output, can anyone help?

http://pastebin.com/zALyH2Rm

I have also tried building for DHD and substituting the files in that are needed but there is a problem with mounting the system partition, this is the recovery log from flashing:

format: format_ext3_device failed (-1) on /dev/block/mmcblk0p25

I wish i could help you, but i lack the knowledge. The least i can do is to bump this thread, so ..... Bump

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

It seems HTC have put some kind of block on flashing ROMs for Incredible S, either way, hoping for a workaround. Wish i could help but i really haven't the know-how, cheers to they Cynogenmod ppl!

Edited by blackigloo

HTC Incredible S(s710e) What time would have a cm ROM?

Nobody in CM will give ETAs, and you're not supposed to ask. But when/if it does, it will be a completely separate zip from the plain incredible.

but i have seen that many HTC Incredibles(s710e) users are expecting CM to get the the rom of miui ,just compare worry just。sorry and thanks!