MrDJay

Dell Streak 7

22 posts in this topic

Guys I am pretty rookie in this area and Is it possible to have this greatest CM Rom on Streak 7, since we already see it on Galaxy Tab?

Thanks!

As a fellow Streak 7 owner, I'd like to 2nd this! Much love to the powerful Jedi who work so hard to make our amazing devices more amazing still. Cheers

- His Most Dextrous

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

I have the Streak 5 and would love to see C7 on Both the 5 & 7. There is a significant niche to be filled with only a few developers working on Dell Streak mods. Us Streak 5 users just recently got 2.2 and we are hungry for the latest Android OS!

I would also love to see a CM version for the streak 7! What do we have to do to get one? ;) How much do we have to donate? hehe

I'll Donate $100 for a CM 7 build for the Dell Streak 7 hehe

Hi, I joined just to post here. I'd donate $100 for CM for Dell Streak 5 too. Seriously.

Is there a step by step guide to porting over Cm 7? We have the stock kernel and drivers (although it's for froyo)

The device is the dell streak 7. We have a working CWR that I ported over with the help of Koush so now I'd like to take a stab at porting over cm to the DS7

Any leads as to where would be a good place to start for a noob. I am a noob but not a noob noob. haha just a noob to Linux. I was able to port cw my first attempt so I did gain knowledge from that :)

I'm a happy Streak 7 owner, but without CM I'm not an ecstatic one. DJ_Steve has a Streak 7 that was sent to him, so he's doing some development on it. Would anyone who does CM be willing to dev for it if they got a free one? DJ_Steve does some good stuff, but he's not very good with the kernel (kind of an important part).

Let me know if any of you devs are interested in either developing for it or helping DJ_Steve out with the kernel. I'll see if I can get some S7 owners together and get you a unit.

Just checking to see if there's any interest. Anyone? You may get a free Streak 7 out of the deal, or some cash . . .

Edit: This isn't a trap; I just think Admiral Akbar is a badass.

Edited by Zandar

need cm7 on ds7 pppppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I've been trying to get a build going for the streak 7, but no luck so far. I read we are supposed to choose to build harmony, but I dont even see this as an option. Maybe my problem is I only synced the gingerbread repo, ill try to sync the master repo and see what happens.

I'm not much of dev, though I can hack a bit. Also, not huge amounts of time. So, since my girlfriend got me a NookColor for my birthday, I put CM 7.1 on it, and my Dell Streak 7 is getting less use. If there are any test builds and instructions (even somewhat arcane), point me in the right direction. I can test things out.

Oh, and I heard Clockwork is now working on Dell Streak 7. I was going to try to load that soon, should make it easier testing builds of CM...

Any news on this?

I've done a lot of work on this, but for some reason I'm having a problem putting it back on the git.

Any interest in working on a CM9 port to the Streak 7? I've done Android development in the murky past (say around 1.5 and 1.6), and have built custom Linux Kernels before, so I presume I can figure this out given some time. Or is DJ_Steve far enough along with his ICS port that this wouldn't be of interest to anyone?

If you think it's a worthwhile effort, could you point me to a good guide on how best to get started building CM from Github (I presume that is where the source is these days)?

Thanks in advance!

+1 for CM9 port to the Dell Streak 7, it is a very capable little tablet which is highly underrated, plus I'm sure CM9 would get the ultimate best battery life out of it!

Keep up the awesome work all you devs.

Long time leech, looking to finally contribute... I have run CM on my MyTouch3G, my Nook Color, and my T-Mo LG G2X because of the community support for those devices. The Streak 7 has so much potential, I want to see CM7 or 9 available for these little bad asses. I am in the process of setting up a build server, but I'd love any pointers from experienced port-devs. Giveen, I've been reading through the StreakDroid stuff by you and DJ Steve. I've watched your YouTube videos... it sounds like you've gotten some progress on Gingerbread and Honeycomb. I'm downloading the ICS Beta4 from StreakDroid as I type. Maybe we can collaborate on this eh?

Yeah, Steve had asked me to join him and we have put out several betas. I would love some help, Steve has been pretty busy recently and I've been working on a new beta.

Lemme know when you have something to test, I'll borrow the Streak from work to test on :-)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

hmm i just pick up one of these guy for cheap and it seems all developement has died.... i hate windows but cant get fastboot working on linux.... everytime i tried flashing the recovery.img i got an error about error flashing recovery bad sector description.... giveen can you make a flashable zip of twrp

hmm i just pick up one of these guy for cheap and it seems all developement has died.... i hate windows but cant get fastboot working on linux.... everytime i tried flashing the recovery.img i got an error about error flashing recovery bad sector description.... giveen can you make a flashable zip of twrp

Development has not died! I've been hard at work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130081