• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
Heavy

LG Optimus One (P500)

539 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have significant battery drain on your Dream/G1 with CM5 installed?

• Yes, significant battery drain
    • Only minor drain compared to CM4
    • No change in regards to battery life
    • Improved battery life with CM5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

Please any help me this mod for my LG?

Thank you.

Somewhat same request here. For a good VFM phone like this, it is unfortunate that LG has decided to come up with a lot of bloatwares preinstalled. Appreciate if you guys can make one for LG Optimus P500.

TIA

thumbs up for a LG OO port. Maybe we will see one in the future?

Hello CM devs. I am working at port to LG Optimus One (great msm7227 phone, partially similar to z71). At this moment I get up Audio, GSM/3G/EDGE/GPRS, USB MS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Sensors and GL ES. It's my first AOSP buidling experience. For other stuff I need your advice:

1. UI:

Seems UI is processed by CPU -> UI is slow.

I'm using proprietary copybit, gralloc and gralloc.default.

Option "TARGET_LIBAGL_USE_GRALLOC_COPYBITS := true" does not take any affect.

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/GC6Je1GH.

After this stage there are no error in EGL/Surfaceflinger and GLES in 3D applications work fine.

upd: at stock 2.2 rom same errors. so it is not a problems.

2. GPS:

In kernel defined

CONFIG_AMSS_7X25_VERSION_2009=y
CONFIG_MSM_AMSS_VERSION=6225
CONFIG_MSM_AMSS_VERSION_6225=y

I tried to use:

BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_HARDWARE := thunderg
BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION := 6225

without success

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/UEDPfcBt

My github repo is here: https://github.com/mik9/android_device_lge_thunderg/tree/gingerbread

Edited by mik_os
dluis likes this

I've seen changes in the build.prop or local.prop to enable hardware acceleration of the UI using:

debug.sf.hw=1

That along with JIT, a little bit of overclocking and your kernal to help with the touch screen bug have pretty well transformed the device for me even on stock.

Edited by UX-Guy

Go Mik, Go Mik, Go Mik, Go! Thanks for the effort brotha. I will follow closely and test builds as they are put out. Over at XDA you comment that the FM radio may never be functional. Can you explain why?

I'd love to see CM7 on a Optimus ONE!

Thunbs UP!

iblesq likes this

An open offer to beta on an Optimus T.

In case you haven't been following xda, mik has been tearing it up on CM7 for LG P500 :D

(currently in beta)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=946354

to those who didnt know mik_os has created a practically flawless aftermarket CM7 2.3.3 RC2 ROM for the LG p500, LG p509 Optimus t & One. check the link above for updated information and installation tutorial

and help us bring about the first OFFICIAL release

to those who didnt know mik_os has created a practically flawless aftermarket CM7 2.3.3 RC2 ROM for the LG p500, LG p509 Optimus t & One. check the link above for updated information and installation tutorial

and help us bring about the first OFFICIAL release

Definitely. How can we help to do this?

Now on its 5th beta going to 6th..I hope it would become official soon..Mik has really placed a great work on it.

Hi, I installed cyanogenmod7 on my LG Optimus One and I'm trying to unlock my phone. However I can't seem to be able to access to unlock menu by typing in the various codes suggested on the internet (2945#*500#). Does anyone know how I can access the unlock menu in CM7? Thanks.

need to get to unlock menu ??? code doesnt work please help.

Hi, I installed cyanogenmod7 on my LG Optimus One and I'm trying to unlock my phone. However I can't seem to be able to access to unlock menu by typing in the various codes suggested on the internet (2945#*500#). Does anyone know how I can access the unlock menu in CM7? Thanks.

need to get to unlock menu ??? code doesnt work please help.

I have not tried to unlock in CM7. However, I would flash a Froyo ROM (after backing up) and just unlock while booted up in Froyo. You might try openOptimus or devoid.franco. Once you unlock you can flash back to CM and restore your apps and data.

Good Luck!

PS Did you have a sim card from another carrier in your phone when you tried to unlock it?

There are some great unOfficial ports of CM7. However, I would like to see official support of this very popular phone!!

Hi guys,i am new here & this is my 1st topic here..i hope this is the right place to place this topic..i own LG Optimus One P500 & i want to flash it with CM 7 because of its awesome UI,2.3 & other advantages over stock..but i want to know when it will be OFFICIALLY supported???I saw even the Wildfire is there so y not O1 :( ..its so popular & developer's favorite..

I know at XDA,they trying to port it to O1 but i wish be it in the official list of supported devices here...So any answers are welcome... :)

lastly there is there poll for u who own LG Optimus One which i think this will help developers of CM 7 to decide to support this device officially or not.. :)

Can anyone find sales #s on all the various optimus ones? I gave up trying. I know it must be selling well enough to warrent an official cm7 rom. I run asopbot's cm7 and love it. But I want the real deal.

Can anyone find sales #s on all the various optimus ones? I gave up trying. I know it must be selling well enough to warrent an official cm7 rom. I run asopbot's cm7 and love it. But I want the real deal.

All that it needs to become an officially supported port is for someone to be able to and commit to maintaining it. If the developer of this port is interested, contact cyanogen.

I recently installed CyanogenMod(milk_os's package) and I have a question about it.

How can I categorize the icons in my menu? Before, I was able to make categories like Downloads etc. and I want to do the same now. I just want to separate the custom downloaded applications from the preinstalled. I tried with the catalogs but they're not removed from the ALL catalog.

Regards.

I recently installed CyanogenMod(milk_os's package) and I have a question about it.

How can I categorize the icons in my menu? Before, I was able to make categories like Downloads etc. and I want to do the same now. I just want to separate the custom downloaded applications from the preinstalled. I tried with the catalogs but they're not removed from the ALL catalog.

Regards.

Change your launcher, ADW doesn't support Categories. Try others that support ;)