Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crypticc

Omni tether and all things bluetooth

6 posts in this topic

Omni-tether, what is it? I've googled and looked at the github and no clues there. What is it? Does it do DUN?

Also, I recall on a 4.2.15 build once that bluetooth share included ability to receive pushed files to bluetooth/received files, i haven't seen this working in CM5, any thoughts?

thanks all...

naiplk, Ozone8, 1969400 and 1 other like this

I was wondering the same thing, since the settings app still shows "tethering over USB" only in the description, however it turns out that it does work with bluetooth as well since I installed 5.0.7.1 N1, here's how I got it working (I am using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx - can't supply instructions for other OSs so your mileage may vary).

1. Unpair and forget the device from Linux

2. Turn on both bluetooth discoverability and the tethering option on the N1

3. In Linux, use blue-tooth preference to find and pair with the N1 again

4. After successful pairing PIN entry, Ubuntu asks if you would like to use this device to access the internet, say yes

5. After all this, use the network manager tray icon to connect (the device will look something like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX PANU (where the XXs are replaced by the hexadecimal address for your N1 device). When you select it, it should think about it for a few seconds and then connect you to the internet. Hit Disconnect underneath it when you are finished.

After it has been paired once, you can skip steps 1-4 and just use the network-manager to connect it again when you want to use it.

Hope that helps

Omni-tether, what is it? I've googled and looked at the github and no clues there. What is it? Does it do DUN?

Also, I recall on a 4.2.15 build once that bluetooth share included ability to receive pushed files to bluetooth/received files, i haven't seen this working in CM5, any thoughts?

thanks all...

rxxuor likes this