• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.

182 posts in this topic

The past couple of posters obviously haven't read the thread. Read before posting.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Bootloader Unlocked for atrix by motorla, not is there any chance that we get a cm7 on atrix? I would be ready to give donation if any of the devs say yes!

I know you guys already have a lot on your plate, but atrix needs it as it is one of the most powerful phones available.

Thanks,

Aditya Gandhi

The past couple of posters obviously haven't read the thread. Read before posting.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I read, I was hoping someone has seen more development on the situation. I know that a lot of people are looking forward to this and I don't have the time to browse through pages and pages of tweets that might not be relevant. Others though do.

I read, I was hoping someone has seen more development on the situation. I know that a lot of people are looking forward to this and I don't have the time to browse through pages and pages of tweets that might not be relevant. Others though do.

If you had read, then you would have noticed that only 4 posts above yours contained direct quotes of tweets from the dev that is in the process of doing the port.

Cannot wait for CM support on the Atrix, I just got mine and love the power, and the screen, just hating motoblur, and the speed on the phone isn't what I'd expect, cannot wait for CM on the Atrix, after one comes out I will donate for sure!! Much love Dev staff

Im probably very behind the curve as to what is going on with this and what the status is (if there is any status) but I would like to know if CM7 will be avaiable for Atrix 4g since we can unlock the bootloader now. Is this already being worked on? Should i look in a different forum?

Please let me know because i want CM7 badly on my Atrix.

Im probably very behind the curve as to what is going on with this and what the status is (if there is any status) but I would like to know if CM7 will be avaiable for Atrix 4g since we can unlock the bootloader now. Is this already being worked on? Should i look in a different forum?

Please let me know because i want CM7 badly on my Atrix.

If you had read, then you would have noticed that only 4 posts above yours contained direct quotes of tweets from the dev that is in the process of doing the port.

Thanks for contributing yet another post that says the exact same thing as almost every other post that fills 6 pages. JUST READ. If you read then you will see that there are people working on it. Nobody cares how badly you want it. You're not unique in that regard. All these posts will not make it happen any faster. All you are doing is wasting the time of people that are subscribed to this thread in the off chance the devs working on the port actually take the time to post something relevant here. But instead of that, I come here following a notification email, only to find yet another pointless, uninteresting, and totally worthless post. PLEASE READ THE THREAD before spewing out how much you love CM, how badly you want it on the atrix, and that the bootloader is finally unlocked (which not something new, btw) and now we can has cm7 port!!!!? OMG?!?!

/rant

Edited by holtenc

Thanks for contributing yet another post that says the exact same thing as almost every other post that fills 6 pages. JUST READ. If you read then you will see that there are people working on it. Nobody cares how badly you want it. You're not unique in that regard. All these posts will not make it happen any faster. All you are doing is wasting the time of people that are subscribed to this thread in the off chance the devs working on the port actually take the time to post something relevant here. But instead of that, I come here following a notification email, only to find yet another pointless, uninteresting, and totally worthless post. PLEASE READ THE THREAD before spewing out how much you love CM, how badly you want it on the atrix, and that the bootloader is finally unlocked (which not something new, btw) and now we can has cm7 port!!!!? OMG?!?!

/rant

If you are implying the shady guy that posted how he is working on getting the port going over on XDA that apparently bricked his phone just 2 days after starting the thread (then managed to make more progress without a phone) then yes someone is working on it. You don't have to moderate the internet, if it is seriously such a big issue in your eyes that people are not reading the thread, what makes you believe they will read your rant that people don't read threads. Your logic is flawed. That being said, when no NEW posts arise and all of the posts are from people wanting a status update, then it is safe to assume that people could be reading the thread and hoping for some info. So stop ranting and make a donation, then follow that with a post in the donators lounge about why you donated and what you hope to see happen. Until then, slow your roll.

chicknlil and mwschaef like this

If you are implying the shady guy that posted how he is working on getting the port going over on XDA that apparently bricked his phone just 2 days after starting the thread (then managed to make more progress without a phone) then yes someone is working on it. You don't have to moderate the internet, if it is seriously such a big issue in your eyes that people are not reading the thread, what makes you believe they will read your rant that people don't read threads. Your logic is flawed. That being said, when no NEW posts arise and all of the posts are from people wanting a status update, then it is safe to assume that people could be reading the thread and hoping for some info. So stop ranting and make a donation, then follow that with a post in the donators lounge about why you donated and what you hope to see happen. Until then, slow your roll.

No, he's not. If you would read and think about things just a little, you would see that AliasXerog is working on a kernel. Faux, Koush, Zombisam, and a few others are working on it as well. I learned this from about 5 minutes of reading and reviewing twitter. Please do so.

Thanks!

mwschaef and holtenc like this

Please Please Please add support for the Motorola Atrix.

No, I don't need an ETA, just show us some love.

I loaded CM7 nightly onto my old SGS Captivate, and the Captivate is FASTER than the Atrix.

Screen rotation, 8 of 9 you tube videos. facebook, all faster on the SGS.

Given that the Moto has twice the CPU and twice the RAM, CM7 is clearly the difference maker.

The SGS was a dog on 2.2 before CM7, now with 2.3.4 it is faster than Stock ATRIX on 2.2....

So, please give us CM7 for the Atrix ;)

I would be happy to donate if we can get Atrix considered for CM... CM ROCKS.

EDIT: Dont flame me for another Atrix CM7 request.... stumbled in after seeing it is being worked on...

I'll wait patiently , and yes, will donate prior to CM7 support for the Atrix.

Keep up the good work.

Pokechapp likes this

Just got my ota from motorola to 2.3.4, the bootloader is officially unlocked, 3rd party apps, and the new motoblur actually looks pretty nice, but nothing like CM7. Id be willing to donate to a dev working on it.

mwschaef likes this

+1 on 2.3.4 OTA update.

Donated $50 to the CM7 cause just now.

Pokechapp and mwschaef like this

Just got my ota from motorola to 2.3.4, the bootloader is officially unlocked, 3rd party apps, and the new motoblur actually looks pretty nice, but nothing like CM7. Id be willing to donate to a dev working on it.

I believe you're wrong about that, the bootloader isn't officially unlocked in the OTA to 2.3.4. You have either flashed a custom version of the 2.3.4 ROM from a site such as XDA-Dev made to retain the unlocked bootloader, or you are misreading the latest update's changelog somehow. The bootloader was unlockable in an early beta build of the 2.3.4 update for HK/TW based phones, the code was turned out and made flashable to now be commonly known as "pudding".

Hello,

I am an owner of a Motorola Atrix 4g. In the past couple of days, the phone received a 2.3.4 update. With this update came an unlocked bootloader. I did a fairly thorough search online and couldn't find any information on how to root my Atrix.

I am not sure if superOneClick will work or if there is a better way to root the phone. I would really appreciate any additional information to help with rooting the device. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well, as far as I am aware, 2.3.4 is still not a rootable version (and superoneclick is for Froyo only). That means that whatever hacks were used in the past to gain root access were fixed. So, the way to root your phone now would be to put a custom recovery on the phone using your unlocked bootloader and manually placing the root files on your phone through the command prompt. I am not too sure on this process, because if you want to keep your custom recovery, it also requires removing at least one android file that will change you back to stock recovery every time you boot.

I believe you're wrong about that, the bootloader isn't officially unlocked in the OTA to 2.3.4. You have either flashed a custom version of the 2.3.4 ROM from a site such as XDA-Dev made to retain the unlocked bootloader, or you are misreading the latest update's changelog somehow. The bootloader was unlockable in an early beta build of the 2.3.4 update for HK/TW based phones, the code was turned out and made flashable to now be commonly known as "pudding".

I think he meant 'officially unlocked' as in, the bootloader itself, not the Mcgyvered workarounds we had before.

Anyone looking for the steps to unlock and root a stock atrix with OTA 2.3.4, they can be found here.

Does motorola atrix 4g have cynogenmod support, i think you can root it, but not sure about cynogenmod, first android, got it 2 days ago, whats the difference of stock version and cynogenmod

Does rooting put something like cydia on android sorry kind of new to this stuff

I jailbroke my iphone 4 so yeah, Please explain to someone who is new to android, lol i get confused going through the menu

Edited by bestlink101

Just a heads up, the dev team over at XDA (not sure if affiliated with the official CM team) has a working alpha build and selected 4 testers earlier today. I would expect a public testing build to be released within the week perhaps!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=15999193&postcount=13

Hello, I am an owner of a Motorola Atrix 4g. In the past couple of days, the phone received a 2.3.4 update. With this update came an unlocked bootloader. I did a fairly thorough search online and couldn't find any information on how to root my Atrix. I am not sure if superOneClick will work or if there is a better way to root the phone. I would really appreciate any additional information to help with rooting the device. Thanks in advance for your help.
I think he meant 'officially unlocked' as in, the bootloader itself, not the Mcgyvered workarounds we had before. Anyone looking for the steps to unlock and root a stock atrix with OTA 2.3.4, they can be found here.

No, you're both wrong. The Bootloader isn't actually unlocked in the 2.3.4 OTA update officially and over at XDA people have hard bricked just by trying to SBF back to stock. The 2.3.4 OTA update brings with it a new version of the motorola bootloader, one that is designed to hard brick if you attempt to flash back to earlier versions of android that include older versions of the bootloader.

If you have updated to 2.3.4 then 1, you can't SBF back to 2.2.2 and 2, you can't install the unlockable bootloader which means you can only wait until the official bootloader unlock solution is released in late Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Correct me if any of this info is wrong.

No, you're both wrong. The Bootloader isn't actually unlocked in the 2.3.4 OTA update officially and over at XDA people have hard bricked just by trying to SBF back to stock. The 2.3.4 OTA update brings with it a new version of the motorola bootloader, one that is designed to hard brick if you attempt to flash back to earlier versions of android that include older versions of the bootloader.

If you have updated to 2.3.4 then 1, you can't SBF back to 2.2.2 and 2, you can't install the unlockable bootloader which means you can only wait until the official bootloader unlock solution is released in late Q3 or Q4 of this year.

Correct me if any of this info is wrong.

I actually have gone from 2.3.4 to unlocked bootloader and even flashed another ROM. I am running Cherry Blur now. Over on XDA there are a lot of hard bricks from the 2.3.4 update. What people are having a hard time doing is holding root on their phone and also going from unlocked BL to 2.3.4 and then trying to go back to 2.2.2. You can go from 2.3.4 to a custom 2.3.4 based ROM but not stock.

All you have to do is Fastboot CWM then from there root and before your phone makes a complete reboot (so essentially your phone is just rebooting a ton of times) install the unlock BL and then you are OK to boot. You lose all your data so back up. Then install ROM of your choice and voila. But don't follow my advice above, use the tools in the atrix noob thread. It is very clean cut and simple especially for someone that has never had to us fastboot.

parkerd5 and jadwv2210 like this

Well, as far as I am aware, 2.3.4 is still not a rootable version (and superoneclick is for Froyo only). That means that whatever hacks were used in the past to gain root access were fixed. So, the way to root your phone now would be to put a custom recovery on the phone using your unlocked bootloader and manually placing the root files on your phone through the command prompt. I am not too sure on this process, because if you want to keep your custom recovery, it also requires removing at least one android file that will change you back to stock recovery every time you boot.

There are people that have reported using CMW to install root. I tried but root would not stick after a full reboot. Every time my phone would get to the home screen it was gone. Same with anything I installed from fastboot before I unlocked it. So there are some people saying no problem (possibly earlier models) but others that are either all or nothing.

jadwv2210 likes this