risingevil

system wide font size changing

7 posts in this topic

Please let me know if this isn't where general CM feature requests are made.

Is there a system wide font size change setting? If this is already possible, please let me know how do do it. If it's not already a feature, could it please be considered for the next version of CM?

One more thing, if not already implemented, could you please also consider the full screen zooming feature that is currently on the iPhone.

It is sad to say, but android is still not a very friendly mobile OS for the visually impaired. I guess that's why most of them are using iPhones.

thanks for considering some of these ideas.

Sam

Hi,

You can't change the size of the fonts, as far as I know (though there is an option for it in Spare parts).

What you can do, is use a physically larger font/typeface and change your system fonts to this one.

Fonts are in /system/fonts, if you want to try replacing manually.

Change the DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-bold.ttf and you will have changed the fonts system-wide.

Google a bit, and you will find a lot of flashable update.zip-s (mostly at XDA) that do the same thing.

As for the screen zooming, that sort of request would go here:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

Please make a note that this is an enhancement request, and also link to this discussion for reference.

You can't change the size of the fonts, as far as I know (though there is an option for it in Spare parts).

that option in Spare Parts is only for changing font size *within* Spare Parts. i always wondered, much of that app is redundant.

Font changer from the market is a good way to change the font and talking to the dev on XDA I was told there is no way to change the font size in the system.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Please let me know if this isn't where general CM feature requests are made.

Is there a system wide font size change setting? If this is already possible, please let me know how do do it. If it's not already a feature, could it please be considered for the next version of CM?

One more thing, if not already implemented, could you please also consider the full screen zooming feature that is currently on the iPhone.

It is sad to say, but android is still not a very friendly mobile OS for the visually impaired. I guess that's why most of them are using iPhones.

thanks for considering some of these ideas.

Sam

You could try changing your lcd density. Lithid has a script @ http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/9580-scripts-lithids-scripts/page__p__84558__hl__lcdd.sh__fromsearch__1#entry84558

The new spare parts in CM7 nightlies is a system wide font change. though mine goes back to normal after some time for some unknown reason

You can change the value of

ro.sf.lcd_density=

in your

/system/build.prop

file on your phone

Add the value to increase the text size or lower it to decrease then restart to view changes

Edited by ErVidic

Hi,

What you can do, is use a physically larger font/typeface and change your system fonts to this one.

Fonts are in /system/fonts, if you want to try replacing manually.

Change the DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-bold.ttf and you will have changed the fonts system-wide.

Google a bit, and you will find a lot of flashable update.zip-s (mostly at XDA) that do the same thing.

As for the screen zooming, that sort of request would go here:

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

Please make a note that this is an enhancement request, and also link to this discussion for reference.

Sorry, you make feature requests in the bug tracker?

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. Here the link for those who want to add the feature to CM.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=3530&q=label%3AType-Enhancement&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Version%20Model%20Network%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars%20Priority&start=100

Edited by risingevil