• Announcements

• PsychoI3oy

Unsupported devices & future versions   09/03/16

Unsupported devices posts outside the Device requests forum will be deleted without comment. Posts asking about/for future versions of CM will be locked and/or deleted.   We don't have a crystal ball; we don't know if someone will make CM $version for your deivce or if CM $version+1 will be made for your supported device.
BEan

Nook Color

68 posts in this topic

1.1 is with settings brought over from a 3630 kernel. Its far more stable than the 950 or even 900 quickie :-)

I made this boot animation and video in anticipation for it:

Still need to do a couple of tweaks in the animation though, but what I have is available for download in the link.

I made this boot animation and video in anticipation for it:

Still need to do a couple of tweaks in the animation though, but what I have is available for download in the link.

LOL! Now, somebody needs to write and record a song with a line that goes like "CM7 on my Nookie". Post it in YouTube and enjoy thousands of hits.

The Nook Color was never even on my radar until a friend of mine said that it was running android and being rooted. screw the Xoom when I can get this for a third the price. Should get my tax return in a couple weeks, I will be promptly heading to my local B&N... :D

I am going to buy a nook color I believe in about 12 hours thanks to this post alone. I also plan on puttin down cash (most likely $20) at the first nightly for this and most likely more following once they progress and then again for stable release. Thank you all so much. I have installed CM7 in my incredible, nad rocked 6.1 the day I bought it. Never went anywhere else as there was no need to. Thank you so much for making the most amazing AOSP based ROM in the world (and AOSP based is all I'll use, but it's probably all ROMs)

Can't wait for CM7 to come to the NC. I love this thing!

For $249 you can NOT beat it. I have been running the 1.1gHz Kernel since it came out yesterday morning and it runs flawlessly. Quadrant scores for me are in the 1240's and sometimes higher.

Great little piece of hardware. Expect a donation as soon as the CM7 is released for it!

+1 - registered on this forum just to chime in. Would *love* to see Cm7 on the nook color. It's great hardware, and the devs are making progress, but could really use some more advanced expertise to make it the best tablet around..

-mark

Just purchased a nook on Monday. Even without CyanogenMod, it's a pretty compelling piece of hardware. Rooted and modded it's even better. I believe with CM it would be epic.

While doing my several-times-daily check to see if Rom Manager has anything for me to download besides the freebies, I went ahead and moved back to the .17 from the .18 and my NC is back to almost stock.

:(

It says I'm rooted and I have the market app, but I can't log in to the market. It now says, "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Web works just fine on the browser. Market works just fine on my phone. Anyone know what I might have jacked up?

Hope someone can answer this but how much memory does the nook have?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

NOOKcolor full specs:

• PCB: Foxconn ML1 S 94V-0
  • CPU Processor: ARM Cortex A8-based Ti OMAP 3621 @ 800 MHz (same processor as Droid 2 and Droid X)
  • GPU Processor: PowerVR SGX530 Graphics Rendering: Open GLES1.1/2.0 Hardware Scaling: 854x480 scaled to 1024x600 Video Formats: .3GP, .MP4, .3G2 ** Video Codecs: H.263, H.264, MPEG-4, ON2 VP7 ** Image Formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP ** (same GPU as Droid 2 and Droid X)
  • RAM: 512MB Hynix H8MBX00U0MER-0EM MCM (Stacked Chips 2x256MB each die mDDR)
  • Internal Flash: 8GB Sandisk SDIN4C1-8g
  • Removable Flash: 32GB via microSDHC
  • Radio: Chip ID Ti wl1271 (kernel reports wl1273) Chip supports bluetooth transmit/recieve and fm radio functions through the same antenna, but is not enabled in software drivers.
  • Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2/802.1x Mode: Infrastructure
  • Display: 7" 1024x600 IPS Display w\VividView Cypress Semiconductor TTSP Gen 3 (TMA340) Touchscreen , kernel driver , reference LG Display LD070WS1 (SL)(02) LED Backlight Pixels per Inch: 169 Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Colors: 16 Million Viewing Angle: 178° (same as HTC 7 Surround and HTC 7 Mozart)
  • Audio: Ti TLV320DAC3100 Codec 3.5mm Headset Jack (TRS 3-Pole) - no mic input Single Rear Speaker PWM Headphone Amp Headphone Detection Mic Amp and ADC (Mic input not available) Audio Formats: .3GP, .3G2, .MP4, .AMR, .MP3, .MID, .XMF, .MXMF, .RTTL, .OTA, .IMY, .WAV, .OGG, .ACC ** Audio Codecs: ACC, ACC+, AMR, MP3, MIDI, LPCM **
  • Power Management: Texas Instruments TPS65921 PMIC Integrated Power Management IC with 3 DC/DC's, 4 LDO's, USB HS Transceiver
  • Battery: "Barnes & Noble" labeled 3.7V 4000mAh 14.8Wh Li-ion battery Battery Life: ~8 hours
  • Physical Specifications Dimensions: 8.1" (205mm) L x 5" (127mm) W x 0.48" (12.2mm) D Weight: ~15.8oz (~422g)
  • Micro-B USB 2.0 High-Speed
  • Accelerometer
  • Input Virtual QWERTY Keyboard On-Screen Soft-Keys ** 'n' Home button Power\Lock button Volume Up\Down buttons

Edited by 911jason

By the way, I started a Nook Wallpaper section on my Photobucket account, uploaded more than 400 1200x1024 images last night... help yourselves!

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/911jason/Tablet%20Wallpaper/?start=all

Edited by 911jason
chemical1der likes this

Looking forward to this myself but went ahead and donated now since I'm using it on my EVO. Keep up the good work.

I have been torn between getting a NC or the Archos 70. After reading this thread along with several others I will be getting a NC and sending some $$ to the Devs. I'm just waiting on confirmation about a new job. Huge thanks to everyone working on this and the current nightlies.

Tmobile G2 running CM7

Edited by MEngCNG2010

Hope someone can answer this but how much memory does the nook have?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

512 meg for OS and 8 gig for storage

I've seen tweets about CM7 for the Nook Color being just around the corner. Looking for someone to help with power management issues. Is development not close enough for the NC to get it's own Forum section?