238 posts in this topic

http://android.smccloud.com/Optimus_S/smccloud_clockworkdmod.zip http://android.smccloud.com/Optimus_S/flash_image.zip Extract both files to the root of your sdcard Keep in mind that its not my fault it this bricks your phone. Camera button selects a menu item in the recovery. Be warned, some stuff may not work.
Ahh ok well i knew it was a new phone when i got it so i'll have to be patient.
I'm running out of patience with koush. I've contacted him here, github & twitter. No reply......

This made everything soooo easy for phone root to backup of rom images. I'll be hopefully running cyn soon but these instructions made it just work. Remember z4root makes it so no adb commands are necessary for rooting the Optimus T LG-P509

Link: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-root-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-lg-optimus-one/

Just FYI- the Gingerbreak app from the market will do the same thing, but you do have to add busybox and flash_image manually ;)

BACKside-IHO hit a milestone today, over 5000 downloads of all builds to date, and over 1000 downloads of the 0810 build alone! Put this together with the other IHO builds, and it's easy to assume there are at least 2000+ users with awesome phones thanks to Blarf and his IHO repository, and of course thanks to CM7 allowing us to kang the source! Edited by JerryScript

Ok, so I've found the zip file for cm7 on lg optimus c but I have no way of flashing it. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on installing a recovery menu for this phone? It would be a huge help

im new to this forum and didn't know where to post this question. Does Cyanogen Have support for the LG optimus V?

Correction: I need a step by step to show me how to 1) Root phone, 2)Flash phone ( if needed ) & 3) Confirmation that CM7 will run stable on the LG Optimus V [ Virgin Mobile ].

Edited by RADIOCHAOS
Garciarob201 likes this

im new to this forum and didn't know where to post this question. Does Cyanogen Have support for the LG optimus V? Correction: I need a step by step to show me how to 1) Root phone, 2)Flash phone ( if needed ) & 3) Confirmation that CM7 will run stable on the LG Optimus V [ Virgin Mobile ].

Go here to learn how to root your Optimus V:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

Then go here to learn about putting unofficial CM7 on your phone:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104687-rom-kernel-inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html

All of the IHO based CM7 ROMs are pretty stable. The only known issues are listed here:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues

I've been running various unofficial versions of CM7 on my Optimus V since February, and I can't even imagine going back to stock. Since Blarf posted the IHO repository, I've been building the BACKside-IHO ROM which is a kang of CM7. We have a good dev team, and most bugs get fixed within a day or two of being reported. Most of the bugs are fixed by now, but we are still actively developing the repository.

TYVM I am using that version now and its great. Really kool look ( did anybody catch that ...cause i just did) and im liking it. Now what about future updates and whatnot and how does one go about updating if there is an update?

TYVM I am using that version now and its great. Really kool look ( did anybody catch that ...cause i just did) and im liking it. Now what about future updates and whatnot and how does one go about updating if there is an update?

All updates are posted to the wiki here.

There wont be any new builds until kernel.org finishes cleaning up from the mess last week.

There is a quite good unofficial port called Inferior Human Organs.

It proves that the Optimus V can handle Cyanogemnod and handle it well.

That said, is there a way I can request official support for a device, such as the Optimus V?

Ok so i found a port of cm7 for the lg optimus c (http://playfuldroidz.com/wiki/index.php?title=CM74OC [thanks to PlayfulGod]) but when i install it, it refuses to install any apps to the internal memory. There is an option to enable the internal memory but the button is disabled. I was wondering if anyone could provide any feedback for this problem.

I've had my LG Optimus S (LS670) for about 8 weeks. I like it a lot, but it's a bit slower than I expected. A former coworker had the Optimus T. He rooted and mod'ed it and wouldn't stop talking about how much better it was. I've never done my own mod and another co-worker showed me this site. Currently the only mods available here are for the LG Optimus 2X, which is a few gens back from my phone. I am new to the Android world and don't want to learn the hard way and brick my phone with some crap from a shady looking websiteAre there any mods in the works for the LS670? If so, when can I expect one to be available here?

Thanks,

Joel Knox

Montgomery, TX

I've had my LG Optimus S (LS670) for about 8 weeks. I like it a lot, but it's a bit slower than I expected. A former coworker had the Optimus T. He rooted and mod'ed it and wouldn't stop talking about how much better it was. I've never done my own mod and another co-worker showed me this site. Currently the only mods available here are for the LG Optimus 2X, which is a few gens back from my phone. I am new to the Android world and don't want to learn the hard way and brick my phone with some crap from a shady looking websiteAre there any mods in the works for the LS670? If so, when can I expect one to be available here?

Thanks,

Joel Knox

Montgomery, TX

There is an IHO-Kang of CM7 for the Optimus S, maintained by DrewWalton. Here's the link to the thread about it at AC:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/106518-drews-cm7-builds-stable-08-09-2011-experimental-08-08-2011-a.html

What is this???

CyanoGenMod for a phone that's weak...(HTC Wildfire)

and not for phones that are far superior!!!!(Galaxy 551, S, and our LG P500)

I want a reply quick!!!

Hey wats up everyone I would like to get ginger bread on my optimus m. Every time i tried to put it in recovery it was wiped clean. Can some one please help me.

I would love if some one could help me out or point me in the right direction.

With what?

So i followed the link and was wondering is each of those the same mod worked by a different person/team ?

I would love if some one could help me out or point me in the right direction.

here ya go ;)

http://playfuldroidz...hp?title=CM7-OM

So i followed the link and was wondering is each of those the same mod worked by a different person/team ?

the original repo was created by zefie or mik9 if I recall correctly, and aospbot did a repo too. IFHO took zefies repo and coded it so it could build for the Optimus V, S, C, and M, and had a release out for the V I believe. BobZhome did a build using IHMO's repo for the OV, then I worked on it with BobZhome to get everything working for the OC. Then BobZhome, myself and then reppard got everything working for the repo to build for the OM.

Edited by PlayfulGod

There is a quite good unofficial port called Inferior Human Organs.

It proves that the Optimus V can handle Cyanogemnod and handle it well.

That said, is there a way I can request official support for a device, such as the Optimus V?

I've been running an Inferior Human Organs build on my phone about since they first came out. I'm with nevermorealive. Is there anything stopping IHO from becoming an 'official' CyanogenMod device? I guess someone would need to be the device maintainer?

That is a big issue, and being the device maintiner is a big job as well. The current configuration of IHO is not acceptable by CM standards, so alot of cleanup has to be done. You can contact Blarf via the IHO repository if you want to contribute time/effort getting this accomplished.

Sorry very new too this, is there a stable version of the mod for a Metro PCS LG Optimus M?

New baseband/radio on Optimus S broke the ports that we had.