238 posts in this topic

agreed please CM this puppy up. Lets OC and get crazy

FYI the source code has been released by LG at least for the sprint version.

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp

Optimus S (search "Mobile Phones" for model LGLS670)

Now the source has been released for the T-Mobile version (Optimus T)

(search "Mobile Phones" for model LGP509TN)

+1

But first port it to unbranded LG P500 / Optimus One, obviously.

Then comes T, S, etc versions, imho.

Source is out ofc. Grab it here: http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource-detail.jsp?detailCustomerModelCode=LGP500

+1 Optimus One (including the Telus P500H, of course :lol: )

Hardware is very similar to the HTC Legend (same SoC). Optimus One and Optimus T could probably share the same code as they are both GSM/UMTS. Optimus S probably need an other version (just like there is Hero GSM and Hero CDMA)

My MyTouch 3g broke so I got a Optimus t, I'm really excited to use a phone with actual memory with cyanogenmod. +1

Another Optimus S user that would like to see a working mod

What's really great is that they're powered by a dual core processor :)

and what about overclocking on top of that

Edited by Blast

Optimus S user here I went from an HTC Hero this phone is better all around EXCEPT I miss Cyanogen :unsure: I have no leet haxor skills whatsoever but I'd be happy to beta test a port as well as provide beer/coffee money to any dev that wants to take a whack at it :)

I upgraded from a Hero to an Optimus S, would love a Cyanogen port as well. :D

I will pay to have CM on my Optimus s... not kidding either lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

I will pay to have CM on my Optimus s... not kidding either lol

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

really.....

no, i don't think i can do it but i wish i could.

Just had a mt3g replaced with this, love the new hardware, hate the new software. It would be great to have CM port for this dev. I already miss the lil things about CM. The code's available so it shouldn't be too hard. Did I mention I would love to donate more to CM!

MetroPCS now has a version of the Optimus as well (Optimus M, LG-MS690). It would be awesome to have CM for this phone. I will donate again for it! lol

I am not a programmer, but if there is anything I can do to help I will. Testing, ROM dumps, etc.

I may have a look into this if I get my hands on a Optimus S. you may check out www.neopeek.com for more infos.

What's really great is that they're powered by a dual core processor :)

and what about overclocking on top of that

It sorta has a dual core. It has one core for the modem & related functions then one for Android to use. So its not a true dual core in the way most people think about them.

Provided I can find any information on this online, I will start. But there seems to be a big void of anything resembling a "howto" for porting CM to a new device :(

Are there directions anywhere online on how to start a port of CM6? I want to at least get a port to the Optimus S started since no one else seems to want to but the lack of documentation is horrible.

Did I mention I really miss CM and am willing to pay!!! After working with half baked ROMs for a week I really miss you guys!

Did I mention I really miss CM and am willing to pay!!! After working with half baked ROMs for a week I really miss you guys!

A second Optimus S so I don't risk breaking my daily phone? Or an EVO Shift 4g? ;)

Another one here that would love to have CM on the Optimus S. I came to the Optimus from the HeroC and if that dog of a phone can run CM just think how the Optimus will run!!!

Edited by carrie

A second Optimus S so I don't risk breaking my daily phone? Or an EVO Shift 4g? ;)

Well if I was up to the task of buying a new phone I would just buy one that CM already supported and sell you my Optimus. :P I am running pretty decent ROM on this right now but it lacks the well thought out options that CM has. No on the fly JIT, VM, CC, although it OC nice. Anyway, why is there still a risk in breaking the phone by making a ROM. LG has released their source. Can't one "just" overlay that with CM? Obviously I am not a golfer, but are phones still being laid on the alter for these ports?

Well if I was up to the task of buying a new phone I would just buy one that CM already supported and sell you my Optimus. :P I am running pretty decent ROM on this right now but it lacks the well thought out options that CM has. No on the fly JIT, VM, CC, although it OC nice. Anyway, why is there still a risk in breaking the phone by making a ROM. LG has released their source. Can't one "just" overlay that with CM? Obviously I am not a golfer, but are phones still being laid on the alter for these ports?

I had to try ;) I know someone that had CM boot, but not much worked so its a first step.