goedson

Samsung Galaxy 5 / Europa (GT-I5500)

141 posts in this topic

2.2 already

Ok, so that means the GPU is very bad. It already had close to its maximum performance on 2.1 and 2.2 doesn't seem to be doing a lot to improve the score G5 is getting in Quadrant.

There's still no I5500 2.2 ROM out there. I'm not flashing a ROM for I5500L because I really need 3G.

Ok, so that means the GPU is very bad. It already had close to its maximum performance on 2.1 and 2.2 doesn't seem to be doing a lot to improve the score G5 is getting in Quadrant.

There's still no I5500 2.2 ROM out there. I'm not flashing a ROM for I5500L because I really need 3G.

erm... http://www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-i5500.htm

yes there is

Will it matter if I flash the USA firmware to a UK phone?

No, that is for I5500L. You shouldn't.

Then why is it posted up as an update?!? It doesn't say L anywhere...

Then why is it posted up as an update?!? It doesn't say L anywhere...

I5500LUYJP2 I5500L

I5503JVJG4 I5503

I5500XWJK3 I5500 - You need something like this!

The difference is that they're ROMs for different regions, it's (almost) the same device, but for different regions. That means you might not even be able to boot, to get on a network, to get a data connection, to receive calls, to make calls, to have ANY device from inside the phone behave erratically, crash, etc.

I5500LUYJP2 I5500L

I5503JVJG4 I5503

I5500XWJK3 I5500 - You need something like this!

The difference is that they're ROMs for different regions, it's (almost) the same device, but for different regions. That means you might not even be able to boot, to get on a network, to get a data connection, to receive calls, to make calls, to have ANY device from inside the phone behave erratically, crash, etc.

OK I won't flash. But hopefully the UK update will be out soon if the Latin American firmware update is out already. Ugh, so annoying.

OK I won't flash. But hopefully the UK update will be out soon if the Latin American firmware update is out already. Ugh, so annoying.

Everything works for me, I had UK firmware (but I'm from Lithuania) on my phone before this update, 3G works fine, calls, sms too. But I can't get Flash player working, it doesn't show in Market and doesn't let me install flash player from apk.

One good feature that minimum CPU frequency is now 122Mhz, so we can save battery even more :)

Edited by Sauliuz

Everything works for me, I had UK firmware (but I'm from Lithuania) on my phone before this update, 3G works fine, calls, sms too. But I can't get Flash player working, it doesn't show in Market and doesn't let me install flash player from apk.

One good feature that minimum CPU frequency is now 122Mhz, so we can save battery even more :)

It will never work on CPUs below 1Ghz or CPUs which are not based on A8.

It will never work on CPUs below 1Ghz or CPUs which are not based on A8.

phone flashed to froyo with no problems. full functionality. no flash though, not available in the market either. downloading it off 4shared.com - will let you know. Definitely no multitouch. This is a real disappointment, hopefully there will be an update or a future release for europe that has this.

lost root. Tried to universal androot and failed. Phone froze. Going to uninstall superuser and androot and try again.

*update* rebooted phone and phone is rooted no problems. :D:D:D:D

**update** - installed flash 10.1 - tried a few websites that had flash videos embedded - does not work. I think they've rushed to release it and haven't included multitouch or flash supoort so as to be in keeping with the promise of an upgrade to froyo before xmas to new customers.

Edited by relaxis

phone flashed to froyo with no problems. full functionality. no flash though, not available in the market either. downloading it off 4shared.com - will let you know. Definitely no multitouch. This is a real disappointment, hopefully there will be an update or a future release for europe that has this.

lost root. Tried to universal androot and failed. Phone froze. Going to uninstall superuser and androot and try again.

*update* rebooted phone and phone is rooted no problems. :D:D:D:D

**update** - installed flash 10.1 - tried a few websites that had flash videos embedded - does not work. I think they've rushed to release it and haven't included multitouch or flash supoort so as to be in keeping with the promise of an upgrade to froyo before xmas to new customers.

I already said it wouldn't have flash, nor would it work. It doesn't work on phones which don't have Cortex A8 (or the 1Ghz frequency).

I already said it wouldn't have flash, nor would it work. It doesn't work on phones which don't have Cortex A8 (or the 1Ghz frequency).

Is that a hardware or software issue?

Is that a hardware or software issue?

They probably ran tests and decided the various Android/GPU/CPU/RAM memory amount combinations were too numerous to test against each and maintain a compatibility list. So they decided a device with 1Ghz CPU (at this time the Cortex A8) is the minimum requirement. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing flash on Galaxy 5.

I'm also pretty sure we will not be getting Android 2.3 due to hardware requirements.

They probably ran tests and decided the various Android/GPU/CPU/RAM memory amount combinations were too numerous to test against each and maintain a compatibility list. So they decided a device with 1Ghz CPU (at this time the Cortex A8) is the minimum requirement. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing flash on Galaxy 5.

I'm also pretty sure we will not be getting Android 2.3 due to hardware requirements.

and multitouch?

and multitouch?

It might not be possible to have multitouch support. The hardware doesn't support it, from what I heard.

menaged to get 3g working! just leave APN type blank :lol:

Any way to overclock CPU in the future?

I made a thread on xda-developers related to GT-I5500. I will be posting guides and useful tweaks there.

I made a thread on xda-developers related to GT-I5500. I will be posting guides and useful tweaks there.

Link please?

Please, you make all cyanogen mod for HTC version, for all, and Samsung just S. (It is not fair)

Please make one Cyanogen MOD for Samsung GALAXY 5.

This is the last 2.1 stable Official ROM for Galaxy 5 (i5500B): http://www.multiupload.com/UWS06AWSAN

password: samfirmware.com

I and all Samsung Galaxy 5 Owners are very thankfull for your help!

Wrong thread for requests.

Sent from my GT-i9000, FROYO.Doc_V3.0.1 (XXJPU_2.2.1), Voodoo 5.0.2 (ext4 all)

VengefulNewb likes this

Wrong thread for requests.

Sent from my GT-i9000, FROYO.Doc_V3.0.1 (XXJPU_2.2.1), Voodoo 5.0.2 (ext4 all)

Yes i know that, and the topic description is: I know this is the wrong area (Thread)

Dear holmen, in this forum have not topic or Thread for REQUESTS.

So this "thread" is the the closest I've found

Edited by Julio Cear

Any updates? Really desperate for performance increase and multi touch...