Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[Solved] Bluetooth pairing with carkit fails

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bobyl

Bobyl
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank the Cyanogenmod team for their work on the ROM!

I have been testing 6.0.2 for the last week and switched to 6.1 RC1 this morning. Everything works great so far (no more locks when trying to wake the device while WiFi is on...), only one issue remains on my phone: I cannot pair it with the bluetooth kit of my car (Citroën C4 Picasso). Whenever I try to pair the devices, I have an error message on my phone ("pairing failed" or something like that) and on the car screen ("pairing is impossible with the selected phone").

I have tried pairing my phone with an BT headset (Bluetrek G3) and it worked. However, in both case, no PIN number is asked before achieving or failing the pairing and the PIN numbers for the headset (0000) and the car (1234) are different (note that these PIN numbers were asked when using stock ROM and pairing was working).

Therefore, I wonder if a PIN code is automatically entered by my phone (0000 since it worked with the headset) but I found nothing in /etc/bluetooth on the phone (I searched in this directory because PIN codes are stored in /etc/bluetooth/pin on my computer).

Any idea?

Edited by Bobyl, 06 November 2010 - 10:22 AM.

#2 elmaco

elmaco
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    se - Sweden
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7RC2 Nightly S-OFF
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:06 PM

Updated to CM6.1 and didn't experience any problem with the pairing. I did have to re-pair though after a complete wipe of the phone, but this should be considered as normal behavior.

Don't know how it looks like in your car, but in mine, I had to manually start (from the car) a search for the phone, and then enter the PIN ("1234") in the phone.

#3 Bobyl

Bobyl
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

elmaco, on 30 October 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

Don't know how it looks like in your car, but in mine, I had to manually start (from the car) a search for the phone, and then enter the PIN ("1234") in the phone.

In my car, pairing has to be initiated by the phone when the car is in discoverable mode. When I do that, pairing fails without even asking for a PIN code.

#4 padavelaar

padavelaar
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Bobyl, on 30 October 2010 - 07:48 PM, said:

In my car, pairing has to be initiated by the phone when the car is in discoverable mode. When I do that, pairing fails without even asking for a PIN code.

Same problem here. My car is a Peugeot 207. When I try to pair my Desire (GSM) with the car an error message tells me it didn't succeed. I tried with both CM 6.02 and CM 6.10 RC1. I even pulled the fuse from my car to have it reset. But nothing resolved the issue.

#5 Bobyl

Bobyl
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

padavelaar, on 03 November 2010 - 06:31 PM, said:

My car is a Peugeot 207.

We are therefore highly likely to have the same Bluetooth device in our cars.

I've had time to try BT pairing with different roms (Stock, Villain, Pre-rooted Stock, OD and CM), and pairing only seems to fail with CM (and OD of course...). I have recovered the logcats from BT pairing with both the stock rom and CM6.1RC1 but I can't find any line in CM6's logcat showing an error.

Has HTC tweaked the BT stack on the Desire?

#6 Bobyl

Bobyl
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

Okay, it seems that default android BT pairing does not work with some carkits (especially in Peugeot/Citroen cars), but it is possible to pair the phone using a 3rd party app: Bluetooth File Transfer.

1. Download Bluetooth File Transfer in the market
2. Put your carkit in discoverable mode and launch BT file transfer
3. Initiate pairing in BT File Transfer (Remote folder -> Menu -> Search for devices)
4. Ta-daa a PIN code is asked! Enter correct PIN code.
5. Et voilà, your phone is paired with your carkit.
6. You can now remove Bluetooth File Transfer.

Calling works for my phone, however connection is not automatic and must be initiated either form the carkit or the phone.

Edited by Bobyl, 06 November 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#7 padavelaar

padavelaar
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

Bobyl, on 06 November 2010 - 10:32 AM, said:

Okay, it seems that default android BT pairing does not work with some carkits (especially in Peugeot/Citroen cars), but it is possible to pair the phone using a 3rd party app: Bluetooth File Transfer.

1. Download Bluetooth File Transfer in the market
2. Put your carkit in discoverable mode and launch BT file transfer
3. Initiate pairing in BT File Transfer (Remote folder -> Menu -> Search for devices)
4. Ta-daa a PIN code is asked! Enter correct PIN code.
5. Et voilà, your phone is paired with your carkit.
6. You can now remove Bluetooth File Transfer.

Calling works for my phone, however connection is not automatic and must be initiated either form the carkit or the phone.

Thanks for solving this. I can pair my car and phone now using Bluetooth File Transfer. :-)

#8 The Best

The Best
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
    HTC Desire
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

I have the HTC Desire and have installed the BLuetooth File Transfer. I find that the phone is paired and will connect for a very short time only and then disconnects. The only way to get it to connect for a short time again is to switch the Bluetooth off and then back on again but it will disconnect again after about 30 seconds. Has any one any ideas how this situation can be overcome.

#9 Bobyl

Bobyl
  • Members
  • 28 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

The Best, on 12 December 2010 - 09:45 AM, said:

I find that the phone is paired and will connect for a very short time only and then disconnects.

Stability of the BT connection with some carkits (especially BMW ones...) is an issue. It seems to have been solved in this post.

#10 hotcable

hotcable
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC
  • CM Version:
    MAGIC
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

Bobyl, on 30 October 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to thank the Cyanogenmod team for their work on the ROM!

I have been testing 6.0.2 for the last week and switched to 6.1 RC1 this morning. Everything works great so far (no more locks when trying to wake the device while WiFi is on...), only one issue remains on my phone: I cannot pair it with the bluetooth kit of my car (Citroën C4 Picasso). Whenever I try to pair the devices, I have an error message on my phone ("pairing failed" or something like that) and on the car screen ("pairing is impossible with the selected phone").

I have tried pairing my phone with an BT headset (Bluetrek G3) and it worked. However, in both case, no PIN number is asked before achieving or failing the pairing and the PIN numbers for the headset (0000) and the car (1234) are different (note that these PIN numbers were asked when using stock ROM and pairing was working).

Therefore, I wonder if a PIN code is automatically entered by my phone (0000 since it worked with the headset) but I found nothing in /etc/bluetooth on the phone (I searched in this directory because PIN codes are stored in /etc/bluetooth/pin on my computer).

Any idea?

I have also a Citroen C4 Gran Picasso and a Magic Phone 32B with CM6.1-RC1 2708port (for new radio+spl) and my car kit pairing without problem but the Address Book and Call List are not accessible from car.
To solve the problem, I have "share" my all Contacts via Bluetooth to "Citroen" and all works (Address Book and Call List).
But, if I turn off the car and come back after some minutes, tha phone pairing correctly but works only the Address Book and not the Call List.
With previous CM (5.0) all works without problems!!!!