Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Razr Maxx Bricked After Cm 11 M4 Update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Razr Maxx (XT912)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:13 PM

Earlier today I installed cm-11-20140308-SNAPSHOT-M4-spyder.zip using SafeStrap 3.65 (previously CM 10.2.1).  I also updated GApps using gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip.  After installing the phone started, but I kept getting errors with trebuchet and the phone was unusable.  I booted into SafeStrap and purged the cache and dalvik, but trebuchet still crashed.  I decided to perform a factory reset in SafeStrap and just reinstall my apps as I had seen several posts noting this was optimal when going to Kit Kat.  This is when everything fell apart.

After the wipe, I get the Motorola logo and then nothing - I do not even see SafeStrap.  Using the Power+Down Volume keys causes the screen to flicker for a second so I believe it is powering off but cannot get past the Motorola logo.  If I use the hard reset steps here (alternate method), I can perform a "wipe data or Factory Reset", but still am stuck with nothing more than the Motorola logo.  While I had 80%+ battery life before starting all of this, I have charged the phone for a few hours with no change in functionality.

I am backed up, but cannot get my phone to start so I can install anything.  Since I cannot get into SafeStrap I cannot even use the Stock slot.  Any suggestions and help would definitely be appreciated!

Edited by TheCarsForever, 12 March 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#2 theaudux

theaudux
  • Members
  • 31 posts
    ph - Philippines
  • Device Model:
    XT910
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Time to restore your device using the fastboot files and rsdlite.

get your matched firmware at sbf.droid-developers.org/index.php

#3 waterman

waterman
  • Members
  • 16 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    spyder
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

All is not lost. Do the restore using RSD lite. When it is done, download safestrap and install. Then download supersu and install. Your phone should still be rooted. After you run safe strap, reboot and install and older cm11 ROM. You should be fine.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#4 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Razr Maxx (XT912)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the responses.  Since I left the message I have been trying to perform a restore using RSDLite, but the battery is too low.  I have tried a number of ways to get the battery charged, but am reluctant to break it open and direct wire a charger.  Anyone have solid experience getting a Razr/Razr Maxx to charge when you can just get to AP Fastboot?

#5 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Razr Maxx (XT912)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Just a quick clarification.  I have tried charging using a Motorola HD Dock, Car Dock, Original Wall AC Adapter, Motorola USB cable in the computer and Motorola USB Cable in Motorola Wall AC Adapter.  I have tried all of the above with the phone in BP Tools, Fastboot and powered off (Power+Down Volume).  All of the variations have been for at least an hour and never see anything other the low battery when in Fastboot.  All of the boot/charging methods noted lead to either a blank screen, Fastboot menu or just the M logo (no dual core notation).

Hope this helps someone pass along a thought to get me charged so I can try RSD Lite and/or Matt's Utility.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TheCarsForever, 12 March 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#6 theaudux

theaudux
  • Members
  • 31 posts
    ph - Philippines
  • Device Model:
    XT910
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

If your phone was powered off, you may charge it using the wall ac charger for several hours.. Also in my case, i was able to see the battery charging level when pressing the volume keys (phone turned off).

#7 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Razr Maxx (XT912)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Unfortunately it seems like the SYSTEM was wiped or corrupted which is what put me in this situation.  Without SYSTEM the phone doesn't charge normally as there is software needed for charging to occur.  I keep hear there are some possible ways to get around this, but have tried all of them short of tearing apart the phone and a charger to direct wire it.

I have heard that there is some sort of 'factory' cable that may accommodate charging in the state I am in, but not sure.  I have checked with a few eBay sellers and each has said their cable will not charge a phone in my state so not sure.  If anyone knows of a cable that will definitely charge when the phone has a corrupted/wiped system definitely pass along a link!  Any other thoughts are definitely appreciated.

#8 a7xlex1

a7xlex1
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    ec - Ecuador
  • Device Model:
    Motorola xt910
  • CM Version:
    -----
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

hey review this link your problems are resolved
http://reparaxt910.blogspot.com/

Edited by a7xlex1, 30 April 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#9 SkylerWallace

SkylerWallace
  • Members
  • 47 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Verizon Droid Razr XT912
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

You probably resolved the problem already but I was in a similar situation.  I accidentally deleted my stock ROM slot and had a low battery.  Whenever I tried to charge it, the battery logo would not even appear on the screen.  I had to cut open my charger, open the back of my phone, and I had to place the wires under a flap below the battery.  I let it "charge" this way for about an hour and then I ran a program called Droid Utility.

Link:  http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2192467

I reinstalled the stock firmware (had to go into AP Fastboot to do this).  Afterward I had to root again, install Safestrap, and install Cyanogenmod.  Lesson learned: Don't delete the stock ROM.