Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

When Will Cm11 Stable Be Ready?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rum

Rum
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    hk - Hong Kong
  • Device Model:
    Google Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

After KitKat be released, we are waiting for the release of CM11 stable. But it has passed more than 2 months, and still nothing happened. Can someone tell me when cm11 stable will be ready?

#2 group7access

group7access
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 5
  • CM Version:
    cm-11-20140207-NIGHTLY
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Sorry, I can't tell you. I just wanted to add my two cents that, while I like some of the features of CM, it does take a rather long time. Seeing as I'm not in a position to help build CM11, I'd be willing to pay those who do.

#3 VancouverOaf

VancouverOaf
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
  • CM Version:
    11 M5
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

I asked the same a couple weeks ago... http://forum.cyanoge...le-target-date/ looks like the next stable drop will be soon.

#4 deprogram

deprogram
  • Members
  • 1213 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    xt1053, mako
  • CM Version:
    10.2, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

It's really up to the device maintainers to determine if a device is ready to get a build that's marked as stable. So the release date of a stable CM11 is going to be different for different devices.

#5 group7access

group7access
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 5
  • CM Version:
    cm-11-20140207-NIGHTLY
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Does anyone know where I can post bugs I am finding in the nightlies? E.g., as of about Feb 2 or 3, I lost the ability to add new Contacts (I get the Contacts has stopped working and the app crashes) - contacts won't sync either. There are other bugs too; bugs that need to be fixed before it should be considered stable. I tried posting some bugs in the CyanogenMod forums at cyanogenmod.org but am not sure if that's the right place to do so (if there is a place at all!)

#6 deprogram

deprogram
  • Members
  • 1213 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    xt1053, mako
  • CM Version:
    10.2, 11
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

There is no place to officially report bugs on nightlies. It's simply too volatile a target. You may be seeing a real problem in the code, a mistake someone made while merging, or a transitory state that has to do with big messy changes in the codebase that necessarily involve some breakage. It's just a build of whatever happens to be in the source tree at midnight.

If you're interested in reporting bugs, please track a stable build. You won't get the latest features, but you will be able to report bugs and help improve the stability of the next stable release.

#7 group7access

group7access
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 5
  • CM Version:
    cm-11-20140207-NIGHTLY
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

Thanks, deprogram. One more question: where do I officially track (and report bugs of) more official releases?

Is it here? -> http://forum.cyanoge...blercm-release/