Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Apn Settings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeffbrown1966

jeffbrown1966
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    D2USC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

So I flashed 1/19 and it fixed BT but had FC flashed 1/20 or 1/21 and it broke BT and Mobile data.

Can someone please tell me what the APN settings need to be so I can try that.

Thank you

#2 Dhteleport

Dhteleport
  • Donators
  • 368 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy III
  • CM Version:
    d2lte
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

I have no problem with data, or redial *228, before attempting anything else I would perform a Wipe data/clean or at least wipe and format cache partition. Especially if you have played with other ROMs. Then reflash the last rom you had data and was stable, then try a newer rom. We had trouble with 0120 so avoid that. APN for you should be okay if my rom works.

#3 jeffbrown1966

jeffbrown1966
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    D2USC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

View PostDhteleport, on 24 January 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

I have no problem with data, or redial *228, before attempting anything else I would perform a Wipe data/clean or at least wipe and format cache partition. Especially if you have played with other ROMs. Then reflash the last rom you had data and was stable, then try a newer rom. We had trouble with 0120 so avoid that. APN for you should be okay if my rom works.
I have clean flashed 4 nightlies and by clean flash I even format internal storage, every time I flash my phone calls *228.
I even have tried flashing aokp (Clean) all I know is 1-19 fixed BT but random reboot 1-20 fixed that but data went away and I have not had data since and I have clean flashed every nightlie since.
I am on MJA, I think I am going to go to USCC and have them flash back stock again and see if that works.

#4 Dhteleport

Dhteleport
  • Donators
  • 368 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy III
  • CM Version:
    d2lte
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:27 AM

MJA can be a problem. That was the latest OTA with Knox and that's what you will get again. So were you on CM with data okay with mja prior to this latest problem?
This is why my next phone maybe a Nexus, CM or whatever plays nice with mods, so many issues with Sammy and others.

Sent on my G3 with CM11 & Tapatalk

#5 jeffbrown1966

jeffbrown1966
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    D2USC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostDhteleport, on 25 January 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

MJA can be a problem. That was the latest OTA with Knox and that's what you will get again. So were you on CM with data okay with mja prior to this latest problem?
This is why my next phone maybe a Nexus, CM or whatever plays nice with mods, so many issues with Sammy and others.

Sent on my G3 with CM11 & Tapatalk
I got tiered of my BT not working so I flash back to stock IN the store, then I saw where they may have fixed BT so I went back and it was fixed , then 1-20 came out and broke it again and took data with it. I don't know I have flashes roms all week and have tried others also I think I am going to flash stock again and see.
O and my phone now calls *228 any time I change a APN and reboot. lol

#6 jeffbrown1966

jeffbrown1966
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    D2USC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:10 AM

View PostDhteleport, on 24 January 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Just clean flashed snapshot 11-20140104-ms-d2usc and still no data and the darn phone called *228 after it setup, I am going to call uscc in the am maybe there system is kicking me off for some reason.

#7 jeffbrown1966

jeffbrown1966
  • Members
  • 9 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    D2USC
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

View Postjeffbrown1966, on 25 January 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

I have clean flashed 4 nightlies and by clean flash I even format internal storage, every time I flash my phone calls *228.
I even have tried flashing aokp (Clean) all I know is 1-19 fixed BT but random reboot 1-20 fixed that but data went away and I have not had data since and I have clean flashed every nightlie since.
I am on MJA, I think I am going to go to USCC and have them flash back stock again and see if that works.
Turns out my phone number and my min numbers got wiped, I flashed stock but CWM is preventing the wrighting of data to re provision the phone

#8 Dhteleport

Dhteleport
  • Donators
  • 368 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy III
  • CM Version:
    d2lte
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

There are ways to backup efs file which contains all the info such as MEID and IMEI. This is supposed to work on S3's for NV data. Only use the middle blacked out download button. I have not tried it yet. Not sure what you mean not allowing writing of "data" you mean trying to install CM again I take it, maybe an MJA issue again.
EFSBackup