Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm-Installer (Windows7) Not Working Now ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dschinn1001

dschinn1001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG-P350
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Have downloaded CM-Installer for Windows 7 (testing) 2 times - and it refuses to install itself because of "no certificate" ? -
I should "contact the vendor" ? - what now ? am currently not using any piracy-software ... ? thx for reply.

#2 raywalters

raywalters
  • Moderators
  • 2281 posts
  • Twitter:@shrinkingray
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    N7
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Hi there, can you send me your support token please? Hit ctrl-s during an active CM installer session.

#3 dschinn1001

dschinn1001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG-P350
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

CM-installer is breaking off after intention to install with "run" ... with Ctrl-S there happens nothing.

(xperia Z) ... I would only need the most actual apk of clockworkmod (without play.google.com - download) - but where can I obtain it ?!

under Linux I would cope then with installation, only if clockworkmod is the most actual version (because currently I cannot access to the web with xperia Z).

thx for link - or for hint to proceed under Windows.

#4 raywalters

raywalters
  • Moderators
  • 2281 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    N7
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hi there,

There is no installer for Linux, although I don't think I am understanding your question.

As for the one-click in Windows, what device are you trying to use the one-click installer with?

#5 dschinn1001

dschinn1001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG-P350
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

here it is device xperia Z of a friend. Have noticed just minutes ago, that download of CM-installer is not "complete" or always shrinking while downloading ?
original size is about 2.008 MB - but after download size is "only" 1.964 MB ??? and apparently then the *.msi-format is somehow not valid for installed - testing -
Windows 7 Ultimate ... download-line is not clean. something interfering while downloading ?

#6 raywalters

raywalters
  • Moderators
  • 2281 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    N7
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hi there, the Sony Xperia Z is not a supported device for the one-click installer at this time. It simply will not work to use it. You can see a list of supported devices here http://wiki.cyanogen...enMod_Installer.

Your best bet is to do some research on the device to find out what options are available to you to flash a custom ROM manually.

#7 dschinn1001

dschinn1001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG-P350
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

now I understand this new "reward" of Sony ... the device has black screen and switches off and on permanently - android seems to be deleted and over board ... - what can I do to force hard reset (with help of buttons) and to reload factory settings ??? ( without any screen or display - it remains black ... ) ... this european version of xperia Z seems not to have a red reset button near micro-SD-slot ... overkill ...

#8 dschinn1001

dschinn1001
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    LG-P350
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.2
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

this thread is now solved ... rescued the device with tool "FlashTool" and re-installed Android on it.
Next step is to install then clockworkmod and CM-nightly on it. <phew ...>