Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Where Is The Gapps Package For Cm11?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bjr

bjr
  • Members
  • 39 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    Verizon
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Is there a GAPPS package available for CM11? If so would someone please post a link.

#2 gpzbc

gpzbc
  • Members
  • 122 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus (LTE)
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

I am thinking you could probably just use the Paranoid Android package.  But I might be wrong.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2397942

#3 synbiosvyse

synbiosvyse
  • Members
  • 360 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Toro
  • CM Version:
    10.1.3 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yeah you can use the PA gapps but the official one is up now, it was posted on Dec 6th.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Edited by synbiosvyse, 09 December 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#4 LeapOfFaaaith

LeapOfFaaaith
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:Leapoffaaaith
  • Device Model:
    Moto Droid
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

CM needs to make it clear that with such-and-such a version, the user should separately update gapps. I am not a noob and Rom Manager doesn't always help. The link above, http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps , is clear and easy to figure out - unlike all the other countless forum answers I had read.

Problem:Cyanogenmod 10.2 Google Play not connecting & Cyanogenmod 11 framework issues and problems. Update not working when installed through settings menu update menu
ROM Manager solution : Must have pro version for this to work for you.

Download gaaps from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
Download the CM Rom you want through Rom Manager - DO NOT Install it from the notification that pops up when it is done downloading
- Open Rom Manager from the app drawer
- Choose INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD - Choose clockworkmod/download/get.cm/get/jenkins/ "some number"(mine was 50852/ and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- THEN! choose ADD ZIP - Choose downloads and choose the gapps you just downloaded.
- THEN Choose reboot and Install (be smart and backup)
Try it Dirty (not clearing cache and data). If that doesn't perform well, next time do it clean!

You can also do this from recovery, if things are really mucked up.
- Be sure you clear cache and data, if you have a mucked up situation.
- You can try just installing the new gapps you downloaded (install zip from SD card - go to downloads)

Good news, if you have mucked it up - Go back to your best backup (for me, it is any of them that have all my passwords and RomManager pro), Make sure all your pics are backed up on Google+, Off load whatever files you want to to stay on your phone, Do a factory wipe and reset from settings, log in enough to download Rom Manager, follow the above directions, and when you finish, google will reinstall all your missing apps.....

#5 otaku91

otaku91
  • Members
  • 13 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus CDMA
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have installed PA version of Gapps.  Is there any problem with installing the CM version over it or should I do a fresh install of the ROM with it?

Thanks.

#6 synbiosvyse

synbiosvyse
  • Members
  • 360 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Toro
  • CM Version:
    10.1.3 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

There's no such thing as a CM version of gapps.

To be more specific, the only real important thing for a "gapps" package to install is the play store. From there, you can pretty much install/uninstall anything you want. Most of the gapps packages install extra stuff that most people use though like gmail, maps, etc.

There's no 'difference' between them though, all of them should have google applications. All of those apps get updated in the store too.

Edited by synbiosvyse, 18 December 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#7 tngphm

tngphm
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    nz - New Zealand
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    n/a
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hi there,

Just a another question related to this topic, can I install PA GApps pack from 4.4.2 (realeased on Dec 30th 2013) for CM11? I guess this is more up-to-date. Have anyone tried this? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2397942

Edited by tngphm, 09 January 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#8 synbiosvyse

synbiosvyse
  • Members
  • 360 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Toro
  • CM Version:
    10.1.3 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

You can install any gapps package you want as long as its specified for your base android version. In fact you can easily make your own gapps package. Unzip a gapps package and go to the /system/app and /data/app folders. From there you can remove any of the .apk there or add your own.

If you want to compare gapps versions you can look to see what .apk are in there too.

Edited by synbiosvyse, 10 January 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#9 havensed

havensed
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droidx
  • CM Version:
    CM4 dxgb
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

tngphm, on 09 January 2014 - 10:54 PM, said:

Hi there,

Just a another question related to this topic, can I install PA GApps pack from 4.4.2 (realeased on Dec 30th 2013) for CM11? I guess this is more up-to-date. Have anyone tried this? http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2397942

Works fine this is the gapps I used on my RAZR maxx on cm 11

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

#10 petergrimes

petergrimes
  • Members
  • 10 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

I tried to install CM 11 a few days ago and encountered a few problems, the most serious of which was the AOSP keyboard throwing an error constantly.  Couldn't type at all, so I couldn't complete installation due to lack of wifi password.  I was thinking this might have been because I was installing a gapps apk that was older, then I realized it might be due to the fact that my phone is Android 4.3

Am I on the right track?  Is CM11 off limits to me because I'm on 4.3?

#11 squiddy20

squiddy20
  • Members
  • 148 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
    11 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

CM 11 is based on Android 4.4. Therefore you need a GApps package that is compatible with/formatted for Android 4.4. Once you have flashed the CM 11 nightly in recovery, you need to flash the GApps package. You should be able to use any of the packages from any of the links posted in this thread. The only difference between any of them will be what apps get put where. Some (I believe most of the PA GApps) have the Play Store, Google's core background services, and most of Google's apps that you can get from the Play Store (Maps, Drive, Gmail, Earth, etc); while others (mostly from the Cm Wiki) will only install the necessary files to get you access to the Play Store and all of Google's core background services.

#12 kitu34

kitu34
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus one p500
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

LeapOfFaaaith, on 12 December 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

CM needs to make it clear that with such-and-such a version, the user should separately update gapps. I am not a noob and Rom Manager doesn't always help. The link above, http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps , is clear and easy to figure out - unlike all the other countless forum answers I had read.

Problem:Cyanogenmod 10.2 Google Play not connecting & Cyanogenmod 11 framework issues and problems. Update not working when installed through settings menu update menu
ROM Manager solution : Must have pro version for this to work for you.

Download gaaps from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
Download the CM Rom you want through Rom Manager - DO NOT Install it from the notification that pops up when it is done downloading
- Open Rom Manager from the app drawer
- Choose INSTALL ROM FROM SD CARD - Choose clockworkmod/download/get.cm/get/jenkins/ "some number"(mine was 50852/ and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- THEN! choose ADD ZIP - Choose downloads and choose the gapps you just downloaded.
- THEN Choose reboot and Install (be smart and backup)
Try it Dirty (not clearing cache and data). If that doesn't perform well, next time do it clean!

You can also do this from recovery, if things are really mucked up.
- Be sure you clear cache and data, if you have a mucked up situation.
- You can try just installing the new gapps you downloaded (install zip from SD card - go to downloads)

Good news, if you have mucked it up - Go back to your best backup (for me, it is any of them that have all my passwords and RomManager pro), Make sure all your pics are backed up on Google+, Off load whatever files you want to to stay on your phone, Do a factory wipe and reset from settings, log in enough to download Rom Manager, follow the above directions, and when you finish, google will reinstall all your missing apps.....
I have torrent and i am downloading the file.But this is the first time i am using torrent so any help would be great as what after downloading the file.Thanks

#13 kitu34

kitu34
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    LG Optimus one p500
  • CM Version:
    CM11
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

HI!
I downloaded gapps from here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps .But it's size is huge 85mb,and i know some apps which i can remove but the rest i have not heard like
velvet- 15mb
genie widget-1.5mb
if i remove these the space still is larege.Then there is hangouts 10.5mb, gmail 5mb google tts 8mb.Still the size is big for lg p500.
And is it ok to remove tts in cm 11
Any help will be appreciated,thanks

#14 squiddy20

squiddy20
  • Members
  • 148 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
    11 nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'm curious why you're posting here in the Sprint/Verizon Galaxy Nexus forums, when you have an LG Optimus One, which has it's own sub-forum?

In any event, from a quick glance at the official CM Downloads page and the p500 forums, the last official nightly for that device was for CM 7 on 1 March 2013. If you got CM 11 from another source (Rootzwiki, XDA, Android Central forums, etc), you should be posting this there. They can help you more than we can, especially if you start asking device specific questions.

1. GApps are usually not device specific. You can take the GApps package you download for your p500 and apply it to toro/toroplus (or vice versa), and it'll work fine.
2. Velvet.apk is nothing more than a repackaged version of the Google Search app you get off the Play Store. If you want to delete it, you can, but you won't have access to the Search app anymore (unless you download it from the Play Store). You can remove TTS, but your phone will no longer be able to utilize the Google TTS service (so your phone can talk to you). I'm not sure about Genie Widget. 85 MB is pretty much the norm for CM 11 GApps. Though honestly, I'm not even sure why half of these apps are there since they can be gotten from the Play Store (Hangouts, Gmail, Velvet/Search, etc).