Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Mobile Data Doesn't Work When Wifi Is Enabled

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimonPalmieri

SimonPalmieri
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    SGH-I337M
  • CM Version:
    10.1.3-jfltecan
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hello everyone,

I recently got my Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted and successfully installed Cyanogen version 10.1.3-jfltecan. It works fine for the most part however I've noticed a little issue. Whenever I enable WiFi and connect to my access point at home, it seems to drop my mobile data connection.

Would anyone know why this is happening and/or how I can fix it?

Thanks!

#2 Dhteleport

Dhteleport
  • Donators
  • 368 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy III
  • CM Version:
    d2lte
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

You do get data through your AP right? This has been a known issue with the 4's, but SOP (standard operating procedure) is for Wi-fi to take over at least that's how my 3 operates. Google has many other links.
http://thedroidguy.c...-disconnecting/

#3 SimonPalmieri

SimonPalmieri
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    ca - Canada
  • Device Model:
    SGH-I337M
  • CM Version:
    10.1.3-jfltecan
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, I still get data through my AP. I was just wondering if this was a bug or something, haha. The only issue is if for example I want to send photos through text, it doesn`t seem to work because I don't have a mobile data connection.

Thanks

#4 bassmadrigal

bassmadrigal
  • Administrators
  • 12912 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
    10.2 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Mobile data should be disabled when you are connected to wifi (otherwise it is just an additional drain on your battery when it isn't needed), but it should start up for sending and receiving MMS messages (since that data can't be transferred via wifi - sure wish they'd change the spec to allow that). If yours isn't, it is definitely a bug. I'd get a logcat of you trying to send an MMS while connected to wifi (instructions for logcats can be found in the wiki) and then submit a bug report on CM's project manager, https://jira.cyanogenmod.org