Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Anyone Own The Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 agent216

agent216
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus 4
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

I heard about this affordable 7" tablet recently, the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, which is sold only at Wal-Mart. From what I've heard the hardware is very similar to the 2013 Nexus 7 except less RAM, less onboard storage and lower screen resolution. It does have a rear camera and a SD slot (making up for the onboard storage) which the Nexus 7 lacks.

http://www.walmart.c...470BSA/25427874

For $129 it's very tempting and sounds like a great value for the hardware. Was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it.

It looks like there isn't much dev support for it yet (only one ROM that I can see), but I suspect that is because it is little known at this point. I'm hoping that people start to discover it and hopefully it will get some CM love eventually. At this point I'm just tempted to get it based on the price and just use it with the provided ROM, though.

Any thoughts?

#2 davidlb51281

davidlb51281
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy SII Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    Stock ICS 4.0.4
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

I bought the Sero 7 Pro last week actually, and just saw this post of yours. It's a very solid built device, and I am extremely happy with it so far. From what I know of the "pure Android" experience, it seems as though to be fairly close. But I am really only familiar with Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 on my Skyrocket, and 10.3 on my Note 2. I would love to see dev support on this device, as I think it is one of the best tablets on the market, considering all factors, including price. I would love to be able to have the same familiar Cyanogenmod experience/features, as I am accustomed to on my other devices. I am by no means a developer, and only know how to use Google to find out how to root/unlock/ROM devices, with methods already discovered, but I would be more than willing to help where I can, with development on this device.

For $129, it is well worth the investment!!! You also forgot to mention that the rear camera has a flash (that most tablets lack), and the screen is also able to utilize a stylus!

#3 bradr91101

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hi;

I've had my Hisense Sero 7 Pro for a few weeks now and am very happy with it.  It would be great to see a Cyanogenmod ROM for this device.  As davidlb mentioned it is ABLE to utilize a sylus but I've had less than adaquate results so far but then your mileage may vary.  If anyone out there has had success with the Hisense pro and a stylus I'd be real interested in your comments.

#4 Mork

Mork
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sero 7 Pro
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ive got a Hisense Sero Pro 7 too and its a decent device but some parts hobbled, like no multiusers.  Would really like to see a Cyanogenmod for it!!!   Recently price lowered to $129 @ walmart.

#5 seadooman

seadooman
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Hhisense Sero 7 Pro
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

View PostMork, on 26 September 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Ive got a Hisense Sero Pro 7 too and its a decent device but some parts hobbled, like no multiusers.  Would really like to see a Cyanogenmod for it!!!   Recently price lowered to $129 @ walmart.

I agree, need Cyanogenmod!!

#6 iamnotsunshine

iamnotsunshine
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Hisense Sero Pro
  • CM Version:
    notsure
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'm loving my Hisense Sero 7 Pro. I got mine for 129$ at walmart, took it home and rooted it and put on the only custom ROM I could find on it (XE-Sero7pro v2.2) Love it, but I know I would love the Cyanogen even more. I'm playing all types of games on it like Blackops Zombies, Backbreaker THD, also a lot of Hulu plus.

#7 Talon65442

Talon65442
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Encore
  • CM Version:
    CM7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hopefully that may become possible soon

Status Update
By Hisense USA
Good news, source code will be available in a few days!
https://www.facebook...759938464020885

*Edit*
Source is now available
http://hisense-usa.c...rt/firmware.asp
Use the model name <Sero 7 Pro>, not model number <M470BSA> like it says.

Edited by Talon65442, 19 December 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#8 nard70

nard70
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sero 7 PRO
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Has Cyanogenmod been released yet for Sero 7 Pro? I am quite eager to this, love this budget tablet by the way. Thanks.

#9 davepmer

davepmer
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    sero 7 pro
  • CM Version:
    cm-11.0
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

I have an UNOFFICIAL cm-11.0 build for the Sero 7 Pro at http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=51410297

#10 Harold-01

Harold-01
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Hisense Sero 7 Pro
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is an excellent value for $130.  It has an ext SD card and
a mini HDMI port, features which the nexus 7 lack.

Given it's quad core processor and gigabyte of ram CM would add so much more
value and functionality that the stock Android severely limits. If anyone knows of anyway
other way to install CM please help me.PLEASE add it to CM's installers ASAP !