Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Known Issues

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 michelfeldman

michelfeldman
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    GT-i9000
  • CM Version:
    CM7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

I want to start by thanking the awesome devs working on Cyanogen -- KUDOS!
Now, I haven't found a place that keeps tracks of all known issue with Galaxy S4 in a clear and easy way (seeing open issues tracker is not easy or clear for me -- sorry).
Please comment on known issues :-)
I'll start with a few I've read about in XDA:
- FC in gallery
- HDR issues in camera
- BT issues
- muted calls issues

Thanks!

#2 tapiov

tapiov
  • Donators
  • 212 posts
  • Twitter:tapiov
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    GT-I9505
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

I actually tried the Samsung stock headset yesterday. It does not work, it sounds like one channel is working ok but the other one is ... sort of funny :) Very faint volume, cannot hear anything people speak on videos / music is distorted.

I was happy to notice that any standard stereo headset seems to work ok.

Anybody have noticed this? What the heck is wrong with Samsung headset? Any work-arounds?

And, yes, kudos to the devs and forum maintainers as well.

I would like to encourage everybody to become donators. You can decide the amount yourself and it's very easy.

#3 daninor

daninor
  • Donators
  • 33 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

What's "FC" in "FC in gallery"?

I've just installed cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-jfltexx yesterday and all seems to be going well. Haven't noticed Bluetooth issues after pairing with one device with no hassle. Will check for HDR issues, muted calls are not really pertinent for me.

I do see everything missing when looking in Gallery app. Only photos taken with camera, no picasa albums at all.

#4 ramboky

ramboky
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    nz - New Zealand
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postdaninor, on 29 July 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

What's "FC" in "FC in gallery"?

I've just installed cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-jfltexx yesterday and all seems to be going well. Haven't noticed Bluetooth issues after pairing with one device with no hassle. Will check for HDR issues, muted calls are not really pertinent for me.

I do see everything missing when looking in Gallery app. Only photos taken with camera, no picasa albums at all.

"FC" is "Force Close", the error message shown when an application is misbehaving and is terminated by Android. Basically, a crash.

As for the gallery: The CM gallery app does not sync with Picasa. It's a bit of a pain but it's been that way for some time and I wouldn't expect it to change any time soon. There are options for enabling this but it means using the stock camera (the camera and gallery apps are linked).

#5 Charaxan

Charaxan
  • Members
  • 34 posts
    be - Belgium
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S4
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

I am interested in those solutions for picsasa sync. On my s2 I used special gapp but the version was old, so my camera was merely functional and not very stable. If there is a way to have picasa sync without the setback, I am all ears, as I am a photographer and this function is quite important for guys like me!

#6 ramboky

ramboky
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    nz - New Zealand
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

@Charaxan I used the ASOP camera/gallery app on my old Galaxy Nexus to keep Picasa sync. You can possibly use the stock S2 gallery. Alternatively you can use Google+.

Details on the issue here: https://jira.cyanoge...browse/CYAN-364

#7 daninor

daninor
  • Donators
  • 33 posts
    no - Norway
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

I tried downloading the apk from here: http://is.gd/dSosot for the latest Google 4.2.2. camera/gallery app. However, the installation process aborts just saying "not installed". Any idea why?

Thanks

#8 Charaxan

Charaxan
  • Members
  • 34 posts
    be - Belgium
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S4
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Ramboki. I'll give it a try when I'll install cyanogen!

#9 Stouts

Stouts
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Has anyone had any experience using the nightlies with bluetooth audio? For some reason, Pandora over bluetooth has gone to hell since moving from stock TouchWiz, but, oddly, other apps like YouTube and Twitch are completely fine. I've tested this against multiple bluetooth outputs, and it's always just Pandora - conversely, though, Pandora was fine before I switched from stock, and I can't find anyone complaining about Pandora bluetooth.

Thoughts?

#10 h0ly lag

h0ly lag
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile)
  • CM Version:
    cm-10.1-2013XXXX-NIGHTLY-jfltetmo
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I have a bluetooth headunit in my car and the audio cuts out for about a half a second every few minutes, although I haven't tested it with anything but Pandora.

Edited by h0ly lag, 30 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#11 Stouts

Stouts
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

View Posth0ly lag, on 30 July 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

I have a bluetooth headunit in my car and the audio cuts out for about a half a second every few minutes, although I haven't tested it with anything but Pandora.

Okay, glad to know it's not just me - that's a much better description of the problem, but for me the frequency is closer to 8-10 breaks per 5 minute period. That may not sound bad, but my average workday (including commute) tends to have 3+ hours bluetooth Pandora, and this has been not-so-slowly driving me crazy (plus,it completely breaks my concentration if I'm working).

#12 Goadlover

Goadlover
  • Members
  • 12 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
  • CM Version:
    cm-10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Tapiov.

I have tried the Samsung stock headset for you.  My set work fine, with equal levels of volume from both earpieces. I am running  cm-10.1-20130725-NIGHTLY-jfltexx.  Could it be that your headset is faulty?

Edited by Goadlover, 31 July 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#13 tapiov

tapiov
  • Donators
  • 212 posts
  • Twitter:tapiov
    fi - Finland
  • Device Model:
    GT-I9505
  • CM Version:
    none
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

Thanks for testing it. I actually re-tested mine because of your comment and it works now.. I suspect sun spots or wind direction change :) All good now, at least on output side. Not tested the mic though.

#14 GaetanH

GaetanH
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    fr - France
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    10.1-20130714-NIGHTLY-jfltexx
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

In my version, I have one more issue.

I'm an Android developer, and when I use Eclipse logs, when setting a filter, all the logs disappear, and no way to get the log back, even in the All Message section.
The only way to do is to unplug the device, close Eclipse, plug the device and open Eclipse back to see the logs.
This problem occurs only since I installed CyanogenMod.

The second problem occurred also with the Samsung native OS.
When Eclipse is open, there is no way to connect a Galaxy S4 to see the logs. The only way is to plug it before opening Eclipse. So, to see the logs, if the phone is not plugged, I have to close Eclipse, plug the phone and open it back.
This problem never occurred with an other phone model (like GS3 or some HTC), but occurred with all GS4 with which I tried it.

Except that and muted calls, everything works fine for me.

--
Edit : for informations, my version of CyanogenMod is : 10.1-20130714-NIGHTLY-jfltexx

Edited by GaetanH, 01 August 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#15 h0ly lag

h0ly lag
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostStouts, on 31 July 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

Okay, glad to know it's not just me - that's a much better description of the problem, but for me the frequency is closer to 8-10 breaks per 5 minute period. That may not sound bad, but my average workday (including commute) tends to have 3+ hours bluetooth Pandora, and this has been not-so-slowly driving me crazy (plus,it completely breaks my concentration if I'm working).

Unfortunately now I am having the exact same issue you are. The breaks are more frequent now and it is frustrating. It's also not only in Pandora. I tested it with Play Music and I have the same issue.

#16 Stouts

Stouts
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    10.1 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Posth0ly lag, on 02 August 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Unfortunately now I am having the exact same issue you are. The breaks are more frequent now and it is frustrating. It's also not only in Pandora. I tested it with Play Music and I have the same issue.

The two 'known-good' apps I've tested are video as opposed to straight audio like Pandora or Play Music would be - I feel like that's relevant, but have no idea how.

#17 andrea_x

andrea_x
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    GT-I9505
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1-20130802 jfltexx
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hi guys,
I'm on a Samsung GT-I9505 with the nightly cm-10.1-20130802-NIGHTLY-jfltex (Italy, Vodafone carrier) and I'm having problem with audio on calls.
Most of the time I can't hear the other person and vice versa. If I insert the headset before the call, 100% of the time the audio is not working, if I insert it during the call (a call where I can hear the other person and vice versa), it works but all the further calls will be audioless. I'll have to reboot the device to try to have audio on calls.
I'm having this problem since the first nightly version.
I've tried to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and a "wipe cache partition" but with no luck.
Any idea?
Thanks,
Andrea

#18 Bowmanspeer

Bowmanspeer
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    jfltetmo
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

View Postandrea_x, on 04 August 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hi guys,
I'm on a Samsung GT-I9505 with the nightly cm-10.1-20130802-NIGHTLY-jfltex (Italy, Vodafone carrier) and I'm having problem with audio on calls.
Most of the time I can't hear the other person and vice versa. If I insert the headset before the call, 100% of the time the audio is not working, if I insert it during the call (a call where I can hear the other person and vice versa), it works but all the further calls will be audioless. I'll have to reboot the device to try to have audio on calls.
I'm having this problem since the first nightly version.
I've tried to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and a "wipe cache partition" but with no luck.
Any idea?
Thanks,
Andrea

I have experienced the muted call bug as well. More specifically, when I receive a call while on wired headset, the mic on my phone is muted. If I tap the "mic" button 2x to toggle the mic on and off then it will work normally. This is a problem when my hands are usually otherwise occupied and cannot reach for the phone to do the toggle. I am actually on Carbon (jfltetmo) from Aug 1st. From what I have read in XDA (provided I understand it correctly) a fix has been worked up and a flashable zip is made for ATT devices. It was also stated that it was only a matter of a couple days before the fix was included in a CM build (the base for Carbon). Link to the thread: http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1386

Don't know how that would work for you in Italy though.

Edited by Bowmanspeer, 04 August 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#19 nicohirsch

nicohirsch
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    GT-I9505
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys!

For the muted call bug just try to activate the sound for you dial number sounds. That helped for me!

#20 h0ly lag

h0ly lag
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile)
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

View Postnicohirsch, on 04 August 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Hey guys!

For the muted call bug just try to activate the sound for you dial number sounds. That helped for me!

I am going to try this out now and see how it works. Thanks for the heads up.