Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cm10.1 Stable Toroplus Bluetooth Prius Connectivity Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluetickle

Bluetickle
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
    10.1 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

(CM10.1 stable Toroplus bluetooth car audio Prius 2010 pairing connectivity problem)

Hey guys I am loving the new stable release of CM10.1 on toroplus! I just have one issue that I'm curious about.

There are two devices that are paired and I routinely connect to them with my phone by bluetooth. A Panasonic house phone and the hands free car phone audio in my 2010 Prius car. The Panasonic house phone bluetooth connectivity is perfect, no issues. Connecting to the Prius car hands free phone audio is problematic, somewhat.

I can turn the bluetooth radio off and on multiple times and the phone will sucessfully connect everytime to the Panasonic house phone.

The phone and Prius are paired without issue but connecting them requires specific conditions.

If the car is off and if the phone is not currently bluetooth connected then when the car is turned on the phone and car automaticly connect. Everything is good at this point, unless after awhile on a long drive I have to turn off bluetooth for some reason such as if I need to reboot the phone. Now the phone will not pair with the car again unless I turn the car off and then on again.

Obviously the car can't be turned off while moving and it is somewhat agravating to have to pull over to the side of the road and turn off the car and back on again just to reconnect bluetooth.

This issue is very reproducable: I turn on bluetooth on my phone. I turn on my car. Bluetooth connectivity is sucessful. Now while the car stays on and running, then if I turn off then back on the bluetooth radio on my phone then the connectivity fails. It is only when I turn off the car and back on again will they sucessfully connect.

Does anybody have any idea what the underlining process here is and what is misconfigured so to speak?

Thanks for your attention and feedback :-)

Jonathan

#2 Speeddymon

Speeddymon
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Speeddymon
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Sounds to me like you might want to try turning your radio off and on instead. The underlying factor is the car being off and then on again. If the car radio is turned off, it should sever the bluetooth link, just as if you turned off the car. I would say to talk to Toyota or if it's an aftermarket radio, then the manufacturer of the radio. Who knows? Maybe (BIG MAYBE) there's a known permanent fix.

#3 Bluetickle

Bluetickle
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
    10.1 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

It's a factory radio and the radio power switch has no effect on bluetooth. In fact bluetooth hands free phone calls work with the radio off. I didn't have this bluetooth problem with my old Evo 3G on CM7.2

View PostSpeeddymon, on 01 July 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Sounds to me like you might want to try turning your radio off and on instead. The underlying factor is the car being off and then on again. If the car radio is turned off, it should sever the bluetooth link, just as if you turned off the car. I would say to talk to Toyota or if it's an aftermarket radio, then the manufacturer of the radio. Who knows? Maybe (BIG MAYBE) there's a known permanent fix.

#4 Speeddymon

Speeddymon
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:Speeddymon
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
  • CM Version:
    stock
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

Just trying to help. Sorry.

#5 Bluetickle

Bluetickle
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
    10.1 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

No worries, thanks for trying!

#6 dualecdrbg

dualecdrbg
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    toroplus
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

If the car is off and if the phone is not currently bluetooth connected then when the car is turned on the phone and car automaticly connect.

I think you meant to say that if the phone's BT is turned on when the car is turned on they automatically connect.  In any case, that's what I'm seeing with my dad's '07 Prius.

This is not a CyanogenMod problem.  I've seen this on other Android phones. We've also used BlackBerrys and an iPhone with the car but I can't remember if they had the same problem (I think they did).

I think it's a Prius problem and not even an Android problem.

Sometimes if you toggle your phone's BT off then on again and/or fiddle with the steering wheel mounted phone buttons it eventually works.  (drive safely) Obviously, powering the car off/on in a safe place is safest and pairs the devices correctly every time.