Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Porting Cyanogenmod 10.1 To Lenovo A820 / A830 (Mtk 6589)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tominglis

tominglis
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Lenovo A830
  • CM Version:
    Etotalk-Modified Stock Lenovo ROM
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

I recently bought a few Lenovo A830s for my family and my company, and I'm interested in porting CyanogenMod 10.1 to them (and their smaller sister the A820)

I understand that we have access to some of the source code for the Mediatek kernel (https://github.com/v...9_kernel_source)

and that one of the other major sticking points is no support for dual SIMs in CM.

I was just wondering whether anyone was interested in helping me with this, and whether they had any more insights to give before I started looking into it.

If this project is successful, I think it should also be much more straightforward to port CM to other MTK 6589 devices.

Best wishes,

Tom

#2 roia820

roia820
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    Lenovo A820
  • CM Version:
    Unmodified
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Sadly I have absolutely no experience with ROMs at all, however I own a Lenovo A820 which I bought from China, and have numerous issues with it. I'd love to see your project succeeding!

#3 nmtrasdaf9

nmtrasdaf9
  • Members
  • 44 posts
    af - Afghanistan
  • Device Model:
    CM
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

++ from me

#4 avengerx

avengerx
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    jp - Japan
  • Device Model:
    A820
  • CM Version:
    Cappa72's
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hello,

I am kind of interested in helping with developing a port of CyanogenMOD to this mobile phone. I've read some of the tutorials about setting up the developer environment for cyanogen and such, but did not actually do anything.
   I own an A820 bought from China. It's a good one despite stuck pixels and a strange "weak spot" on the touch screen to the top I got on mine. Didn't hear of other people with such problems on their phones, so I guess I am the lucky one.
   I've already studied some of its structure, like addresses of the file systems, and thru a custom mod from Cappa72 I found on xdadevelopers, I could root and deploy that several terminal commands busybox comes with.
   The version has a lot of debugging options enabled and it might be the way into porting dual chips into CyanogenMOD. Although it looks difficult given that, to date, no one ever enabled it on CM.
   Well, lastly, I am kind of short of time as well, if it wasn't by this little problem I think I would already have digged further on the subject. But maybe an experience sharing could allow things to happen. Have you had any progress on developing a vanilla port of the CM to your A830?

#5 tominglis

tominglis
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Lenovo A830
  • CM Version:
    Etotalk-Modified Stock Lenovo ROM
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

I started looking into this, but I found it quite tricky.

In the meantime someone ported MIUI V5 to this device, so I have been using that instead:

http://en.miui.com/t...d-2651-1-1.html

I'd still like to see if I can get stock Cyanogen working though, as that's my preferred ROM! :-)