Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Cyanogen Mod V7 Nook Color

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CSOleson

CSOleson
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    BNRV200
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

I bought a nook color the other day off of a guy at a garage sale for $35 bucks, modified with Cyanogen Mod V7. It had been working okay, but now it turned off. When unplugged the nook refuses to boot, period. When plugged in, the nook will attempt to boot. You will see the initial loading screen, the android_ flash, and then the blue cyanogen mod v7 screen show up. Then the device turns itself off, and will remain  off until it retries to power up again. I have the model numbver BNRV200 Nook Color and would like to get it fixed. Right now it basically is useless. I've tried even holding down the home button to access more of the nook, which works for a small while, then it restarts on its own. Any ideas/help?

#2 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

We had problems with lots of nook colors where the physical charging cable would just stop charging the nook color. I had to replace mine a few times. Custom charging cables lack the extra pins to fully charge the nook color at a fast rate and unfortunately the battery in it would die and not charge. I would try replacing the cable first.

That nook color might have enough juice in it to power up the boot splash screen and then just turn itself off. I ordered mine online at this link here. http://www.barnesand...sphalt/23055743

You can also find replacement cables at a B&N bookstore that caries the replacement cable. Staples also had replacement cables. Remember there is no custom third party charging cable that will charge up the nook color fully. You will need the stock nook color cable that comes from Barnes and Noble.

#3 CSOleson

CSOleson
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    BNRV200
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

I actually was able to update the bootloader and wipe the system. The cable is charging it slowly now, so it wasn't that. I'm very new to Nook mods but spent my days modifying other systems with linux OS's, and this is pretty similar. I am going to hopefully update it now to a more stable version of CM7 or CM9

#4 starl73

starl73
  • Members
  • 19 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    7.2 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

My NC  stopped charging one day. Though I couldn't see anything, I cleaned out the connector in the nook and the cable end - and it started working again. Perhaps a small piece of lint in the wrong place? I don't know. But worth trying. Even if charging now, could be something in there interfering.

#5 CSOleson

CSOleson
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    BNRV200
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Now I am having issues with it again. I've tried updated to CM7.2.0 and it freezes during the setup, and then after a given period of time it shuts off. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using ClockwordMod v6.0.3.1

Edited by CSOleson, 20 May 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#6 CSOleson

CSOleson
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    BNRV200
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 7
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I got it to install CM10 now, but it shuts off every couple of minutes. I can't get the thing to stay on. Any ideas why this happens?

#7 starl73

starl73
  • Members
  • 19 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    7.2 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

does it shut off even when plugged in? have you checked the settings for when it's supposed to turn off? or is it turning off when you're actively using it?