Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[Evo] Animated Electric X

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SOHurley

SOHurley
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO 4G
  • CM Version:
    CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hey guys,

Rooting seems to be harder than jailbreaking an iPhone, but what an accomplishment it is when you
finally do the right things and get a good end result?

I digress.

This thread is in regards to a bootscreen I saw for CM on a youtube Video, it was a Animated Electric X

URL:

0:23 is where it begins.

------------------
Now, like the Droid X forum, I see the downloads, where do I put them exactly?
There's not a sticky in this thread on how to install themes.. Unless it's
somewhere else and I didn't open my nerd eyes.

Thanks again,

#2 rjacobs

rjacobs
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo
  • CM Version:
    CM6
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:24 AM

SOHurley, on 22 September 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

------------------
Now, like the Droid X forum, I see the downloads, where do I put them exactly?
There's not a sticky in this thread on how to install themes.. Unless it's
somewhere else and I didn't open my nerd eyes.

Thanks again,

Im still new around here, but ill attempt an answer for ya. =]  

The file for the bootanimation needs to be named bootanimation.zip and placed in the /system/media folder, can use adb commands for this or root explorer to cut/paste it in there once u mount it r/w.  (for a simpler method look up pushboot and download that, easy batch file that renames and pushes the files where they need to go)

Next question is the sound file for the boot animations, and honestly i have no clue.  Havent been able to find a good answer for CM6 to get the bootsound working. (so if anyone knows plz share. =]  got it working on all the other roms ive tried, cant seem to get it done on CM6 though.)

Finally, where to find them?  I know over on xda they have a thread in the EVO themes section stickied with all kinds of boot animations and splash screens and such, can give a look there, not sure that exact bootscreen is there though.

#3 lithid

lithid

I Like Turtles

• Donators
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/lithid
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Amon_RA

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

rjacobs, on 25 September 2010 - 04:24 AM, said:

Im still new around here, but ill attempt an answer for ya. =]  

The file for the bootanimation needs to be named bootanimation.zip and placed in the /system/media folder, can use adb commands for this or root explorer to cut/paste it in there once u mount it r/w.  (for a simpler method look up pushboot and download that, easy batch file that renames and pushes the files where they need to go)

Next question is the sound file for the boot animations, and honestly i have no clue.  Havent been able to find a good answer for CM6 to get the bootsound working. (so if anyone knows plz share. =]  got it working on all the other roms ive tried, cant seem to get it done on CM6 though.)

Finally, where to find them?  I know over on xda they have a thread in the EVO themes section stickied with all kinds of boot animations and splash screens and such, can give a look there, not sure that exact bootscreen is there though.
bootanimation.zip can also be placed in /data/local/ as well. Bootanimation audio is still being worked into.  I have working on that one myself. Here is the Evo apps and themes section of the xda forums for themes.

http://forum.xda-dev...splay.php?f=655

I personally love how cm6 looks stock.  But your more then welcome to find something a little more pleasing for you.

Edit:
Found the xda post on bootanimation audio.
http://forum.xda-dev...824&postcount=2

#4 lithid

lithid

I Like Turtles

• Donators
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:http://twitter.com/lithid
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Evo 4G
  • CM Version:
    Nightly