Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sim Network Unlock

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 axi82

axi82
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi,

I updated to cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip last night and now my Sll is asking for the sim network unlock code, every code I've tried like the default 0000's, 1234 and even my carriers PUK code doesnt work. I've re-flashed to stock samsung rom and rooted it again and it is still asking for my network unlock code. I cant make phone calls or use 3g internet. Can anyone shed any light on the probelm?

Sean

#2 vhew

vhew
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@vaughnhew
    au - Australia
  • Device Model:
    i9100
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

I am having the same problem when I updated

to: cm-10.1-20130222-NIGHTLY-i9100

#3 ladfrombrad

ladfrombrad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    i9100p
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ditto here, flashing from cm-10.1-20121231-NIGHTLY-i9100 to the cm-10.1-20130219-NIGHTLY-i9100

I managed to get my nv_data.bin fixed with Galaxy S unlock tool only for that (or) the contents of the /efs folder to change upon a reboot.

So, after much head scratching I've also had to flash back to stock with odin (which oddly required me to boot into the stock recovery afterwards and to then factory reset it to stop it soft boot looping), and using a combination of CF's ExynosAbuse/SuperSU to install Busybox, then using the above app to get - and this time keep, my correct nv_data.bin/efs folder after a reboot.

Trying to install the latest CM nightly in CWM then reproduces the above SIM network lock all over again. I'm just at the stage of downloading a nightly previous to the 20130219-NIGHTLY to see if there's still a problem. I'll be back.

edit: Woo! Flashed GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_4.0.1.4 in odin, then installed cm-10.1-20130216-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip and I have an unlocked phone again.

Edited by ladfrombrad, 23 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#4 ladfrombrad

ladfrombrad
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    i9100p
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

To just highlight this (bump) I just updated from the above mentioned 20130216/17 nightly just fine and, things go pear shaped with the 20130218-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100-TNT and (the 17th nandroid backup didn't work) I'm network locked again.

Round-o-din-bout....

Edited by ladfrombrad, 23 February 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#5 axi82

axi82
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'm still having problems with this, I've tried Galaxy S unlock too and although the tool says its completed fine and my signal drops out and returns I can still only make emergency calls. I've used Odin 3.07 to flash GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_4.0.1.4 and installed cm-10.1-20130216-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip but I am still locked out.

#6 thewozza

thewozza
  • Members
  • 21 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nexus One
  • CM Version:
    7.1.0-RC1-N1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Same problem here, I upgrade from cm9 stable to cm-10.1-20130221-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip and even after restoring the backup I made in CMW, the problem persisted after downgrading to cm9 stable again.

This tool worked for me: This tool worked but did not persist after reboots - I can only guess the files in /efs were rewritten but I'm not smart enough to know what any of that means:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1360174

But I had to pay 3 euros for it, which isn't a lot to unlock a phone if that's what you needed - but it sucks that I actually HAD an unlocked phone and the update put me in this position.

So I'll stay on cm9 until I think I can give up another few hours of life to attempt an upgrade to 10.  Phooey.

Edit: damn after a reboot it is locked again, on cm9.  This may not just be a 'phooey' problem anymore.

Edit2: okay so I found the app GalaxSimUnlock and it seems to have done the trick across reboots - I've done two reboots and I'm still working.

Edited by thewozza, 24 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#7 axi82

axi82
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
  • CM Version:
    CM 10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Solved --- I used the Galaxy Sim Unlock tool and although it costs £1.80 it does persist with reboots and I do have a fully working phone running cm-10.1-20130216-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip

#8 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

awww, i also got bitten by this, going from a couple of weeks older nightly to cm-10.1-20130226-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip

luckily i've made a backup of /efs and stored it among my encrypted keys when my phone was new and i first read the advice... thanks for whomever advised it! :)

i've flashed cm-10.1-20130217-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip and then restored my /efs and now the mobile network works again.

start the recovery, connect with adb.

then set up a ramdisk (my CWM can't mount my /sdcard) to store files:

mount -t tmpfs none /sdcard/

then quit adb shell, adb push your backup, and reconnect with adb shell. then:

dd if=Samsung-I9100-efs-dev-block-mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Edited by attila.lendvai, 26 February 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#9 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

added a word of warning to the wiki page: http://wiki.cyanogen...rg/w/I9100_Info

should be deleted once the issue is worked out and dangerous nighties get purged...

#10 returnvoid

returnvoid
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:borknagar
    cl - Chile
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy SII I9100
  • CM Version:
    Cm-10.1-20130224
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

My phone it doesn't turn on after do update to nightly http://download.cyan...-galaxysmtd.zip
In first moment appeared the cyanogenmod logo but it takes long time. So I turned off the device and never came back :(

#11 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

my warning from the cm wiki page has been deleted. does that mean that the bug has been fixed?

anybody knows any news?

#12 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

having read the current wiki page, i have to stress here that i bought my new phone unlocked from a shop, and to the best of my knowledge they didn't unlock the phone themselves (this wasn't a random small shop at the corner, but i also don't remember breaking the seal myself on the samsung box).

so this wiki warning may be misleading:

"If you used a non-official method to remove a provider lock, your /efs partition may become corrupt!"

#13 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

ok, this is clearly due to a bogus unlock. i have this added in /efs/nv.log after the phone starts to ask for a network unlock pin:

Tue Feb 26 23:23:58 2013: cracking detected
Tue Feb 26 23:23:59 2013: NV backup has been rebuilt
Tue Feb 26 23:23:59 2013: NV restored
Tue Feb 26 23:30:01 2013: OFFSET_FOR_PRESET2 writing input
Tue Feb 26 23:30:01 2013: 2nd NV built
Tue Feb 26 23:30:02 2013: NV data back-uped
Wed Feb 27 00:11:38 2013: OFFSET_FOR_PRESET2 writing input
Wed Feb 27 00:11:39 2013: 2nd NV built
Wed Feb 27 00:11:40 2013: NV data back-uped

but what is very strange is that when i restored the /efs and cm-10.1-20130217-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip, then it has been working for weeks, and at one point it also broke and produced the above log. why more recent android versions brake immediately, and this one only after weeks is baffling.

has anyone found anything else to fix this than the previously mentioned market app?

#14 attila.lendvai

attila.lendvai
  • Members
  • 6 posts
    hu - Hungary
  • Device Model:
    I9100
  • CM Version:
    10 nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

FYI, i gave in and also bought the GalaxSim Unlock Pro, and it seemingly permanently unlocked my phone (which was previously unlocked with a broken method). at least i've rebooted a couple of times and it seems to work.

#15 narcolepsy

narcolepsy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    galaxy s2
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hi, I tried updating from CM9 to CM10.1, but haven't backed up my original /efs (by the looks of things - unless clockworkmod has done this for me) and now have network sim unlock code coming up when it tries to use the mobile network. I have tried going back to my backup of CM9 but it does not seem to work, asks for network pin there also. Anyone have any tips?

Cheers

#16 peaceeternal

peaceeternal
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    in - India
  • Device Model:
    GT-I9100
  • CM Version:
    cm-10.1.3
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

attila.lendvai, on 20 March 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

FYI, i gave in and also bought the GalaxSim Unlock Pro, and it seemingly permanently unlocked my phone (which was previously unlocked with a broken method). at least i've rebooted a couple of times and it seems to work.

Hello all,
I am new to this area of custom roms. I have a samsung galaxy s2 (rooted) running on stock 4.1.2 and would love to move on the cm-10.1.3 RC 2. The problem is my phone is sim locked and i had used the Galaxsim unlock app (free app V 1.0 available on xda forums) to journey from gingerbread to ICS and then to Jb.

Right  now, i want to install the Cyanogenmod and I am worried that i might get locked out again.
  • Can someone throw some light on what is the best thing i need to do if i want to get on to cyanogenmod without getting locked and even if i get locked, is there a way by which i can use the galaxsim unlock app (free) to get it unlocked?
  • also, do i loose my root while migrating? if yes, how do i root my phone once it is on CM? (with my limited knowledge, i know that the root won't disappear.. but, just want to make sure)
Thanks a lot in advance,

P.S: sorry if i haven't posted on the right thread.. as i told you all, i am a noob :)

#17 antonioperez3

antonioperez3
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Sony Xperia Arc S
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

My phone ask for a "Network Unlock PIN code" after entering my SIM security "PIN code" correctly, after flashed CyanogenMod.
I got this bug first time I upgraded my Sony Xperia Arc S to CyanogenMod 9.1 stable release. It was very frustrating until finding the solution so I must return the favor.

Please, don't confuse SIM PIN Code (the one you set) with Network Unlock PIN Code.
This last one is the code needed to unlock that phone so it can be used with any operator.
Anyway it's very probable your phone is already SIM unlocked as mine, so asking for this code is evidently a bug.
If you know this code or you bought it, it won't work if you try to enter it.
Please, don't pay attention to people spamming about re-simunlocking your phone again => If it's SIM unlocked it keeps that way.

So, here are 2 workarounds and 1 solution (at least for my Xperia) I found here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1848543
  • 1st Workaround: Insert your SIM into another phone, disable SIM PIN Code and try again in your phone.
  • 2st Workaround: When it's asking for Network Unlock PIN code, do nothing and wait a bit, it will connect to the network after a while and the you can press Dismiss. But doing this any time you boot is very uncomfortable.
  • Solution (worked on Xperia):
Edit file /system/build.prop (with Root Explorer, ES File Explorer or similar)
Add this line at any place:
ro.telephony.ril.v3=qcomuiccstack

#18 Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki
  • Members
  • 11 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

I had read somewhere that kitkat on Samsung's would re-enable some sim locks maybe this is what your hitting?

Thankfully my Galaxy S2 when I bought it used was unlocked officially by Orange UK with there own Network Unlock Code rather than modifying the phone.