I've been researching/playing all morning to try and bring my phone back to life.. still not there. Some background...
I woke up this morning and my phone was on the fritz. It started showing "Low disk space" last night before I hit the sack, but I just passed out - had no time to deal with it. Woke up, and it wouldn't connect to the cell network at all (grey status indicators). On top of that, anything I opened force closed on me immediately.
Phone: HTC Incredible
After googling around on the internets, I found the issue, from this thread and this one. Appears some app has gone outlaw-ish on my phone (see what I did there?) and has just started spewing lots of data/logs to some /data/data internal storage location. The threads suggest clearing my cache and moving apps installed on my internal storage to my MicroSD card. K, sounds like a great idea, but when I tried booting up my phone, it just gets locked into the opening CM7 splash screen of old fat Cy on the skateboard with the circular arrow going around. Ok - next step - start up in the HTC bootloader.
INCREDIBLEC XC SHIP S-OFF
Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51
Below the header, I see these options:
<Directions to navigate the bootloader menu>
I tried at this point, before selecting any of those options, to plug my phone via USB to my PC. I was hoping this way, I could just quickly access the phones internal storage, blast away some data from the /data/data location, and be on my way. But the phone's storage (nor the MicroSD storage) displays as it usually does when I plug in my phone. Granted, when I plug in my phone it's usually running and I select "Debug USB" to see the storage - but I can't do that as I can't boot the phone.
Anyone have any idea on how I could access my internal storage from the bootloader?
Oh ya, and I've tried the bootloader options already - not much help - here is what happens:
- FastBoot: Screen just flashes quickly white, then just redisplays the Bootloader.
- Recovery: This should open up my ROM Manger (ClockMod guy) in recovery mood - but all it does is flash a white screen with "HTC Incredible" and then just redisplays the bootloader again.
- Clear Storage: This sounds like a great option considering my problem and what I think will fix it - but when I select it, it just does the same thing as the Recovery option: flash a white screen with "HTC Incredible" and then just redisplays the bootloader again.
- Simlock: checks SD FAT32 init - says OK. Then says "255: Not key-card!!" "Process done, reboot device?" - if I select Yes, just goes back to stakeboarding Cy stuck inside a circular moving arrow.
- Factory Reset: Does same thing as Recovery and Clear Storage - flash a white screen with "HTC Incredible" and then just redisplays the bootloader again.
I've read up some about adb and installed it/run it. I've started it as a server, and I have the HTC Incredible plugged into laptop via USB (and it's still in the bootloader screen as thats all I can get to). When I run the command "adb devices" - it shows List of Devices: then nothing. So adb can't see my phone. I know when the phone is running normally I have to select that it be connected by USB for debugging - but how do I do that from the bootloader?
Any help is greaetly apprecaited - thanks in advance all.
Followed this forum post to install Android Universal USB drivers that'd work for Android Incredible. Successfully installed them, but when I still plug in the phone from the bootloader screen into PC via USB, nothing pops up for me to navigate the internal storage. How do I mount the internal storage?
I keep reading up on how to have adb connect to my device (which I think if I can get that to happen, I can clean out my data/data folder..) - and in all the writeups, it says my my phone has to be in USB Debugging mode. However I can only get to the bootloader screen, so that's not an option...so....?
Edited by SmokeyMaverick, 26 January 2013 - 10:30 PM.