Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Unfortunately, The Android Keyboard (Asop) Has Stopped

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OldTacoman

OldTacoman
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook
  • CM Version:
    Color
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I just upgraded a Nook Color from 7.2 to CM-10-20111126-nightly.  I get the "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped" error message. I have not even had a glimps of the keyboard yet. The error message flashes every couple of seconds. I believe it is going through a stop/restart loop.  Sometime a dialog box comes up and stays.  Unfortunately, without a keyboard there is not much that I can do in terms of downloading an alturnate keyboard or even setting up wi-fi (my first idea).

Has anyone else seen this message?  Is there a fix?  I noticed that the 20111126 nightly is no longer available for down load. Was there an issue with that particular nightly?  Probably should have used the most recent available but the ADHD kicked in and I just went with what I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any help.
John

#2 webyrd

webyrd
  • Donators
  • 24 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM10.1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

OldTacoman, on 05 December 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

I just upgraded a Nook Color from 7.2 to CM-10-20111126-nightly.  I get the "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped" error message. I have not even had a glimps of the keyboard yet. The error message flashes every couple of seconds. I believe it is going through a stop/restart loop.  Sometime a dialog box comes up and stays.  Unfortunately, without a keyboard there is not much that I can do in terms of downloading an alturnate keyboard or even setting up wi-fi (my first idea).

Has anyone else seen this message?  Is there a fix?  I noticed that the 20111126 nightly is no longer available for down load. Was there an issue with that particular nightly?  Probably should have used the most recent available but the ADHD kicked in and I just went with what I downloaded a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any help.
John

Did you flash the right GAPPS? See the second post on the XDA thread. Lots of people are flashing GAPPS for 4.2 instead of 4.1 hav,ing this problem

#3 Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass
  • Members
  • 23 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid Razr Color Nook N7
  • CM Version:
    CM10
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

webyrd, on 06 December 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

Did you flash the right GAPPS? See the second post on the XDA thread. Lots of people are flashing GAPPS for 4.2 instead of 4.1 hav,ing this problem

Webyrd - is correct, that has been the problem with keyboard since the alphas and betas..

#4 OldTacoman

OldTacoman
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook
  • CM Version:
    Color
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hey

Problem solved!

Thanks for the help
John

#5 IAmSpeedBump

IAmSpeedBump
  • Members
  • 4 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    CM10 encore
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hello. I had the same problem as John and I hope my solution helps others

History:
I was upgrading from JMZ CM10 (found on goo.im "cm-10-20120805-UNOFFICIAL-supersonic.zip"). This was a great and very stable build. But there has been no new updates for a long time and I wanted JB. I upgraded to CM's encore nightly build 20130127 and then started the same issue that John "Unfortunately, the Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped". I re-flashed many times. I made sure that I was using gapps 20121011. But kept getting the same issue. My finale solution was to connect a bluetooth keyboard and download a new keyboard (Hacker's Keyboard) from google play. This solved all my issues.

Love this nightly build. Great work to everyone working on this.

I hope this helps others.

Brett.