I've been using CM7 on my G2 for well over a year now, and yesterday out of the blue it decided to crap out on me by going through a perpetual reboot cycle. It started by throwing the error 'Sorry! Application Settings (in process com.android.settings) is nor responding' While I was in wifi settings. The reboot cycle ensued.
The stuff that I've tried in order:
- Wiped cache partition - did nothing, still perpetual reboot
- Factory reset - fixed the perpetual reboot, until i tried enabling wifi again. Performed another factory reset to stop the perpetual reboot.
- Ran vision_wipe_efs-signed.zip as posted here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1044992 - Wipe was successful, did not affect wifi errors
- Ran Vision_Radio_18.104.22.168_26.13.04.19 as posted here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=970809 - Install was successful, did not affect wifi errors
- Updated to latest stable build CyanogenMod-7.2.0-vision using Recovery: Update was successful. Good news is that it solved the perpetual reboot. Bad news is that the wifi still doesn't work. It tries to turn itself on, then 5-10 seconds later turns itself off again. Sometimes it throws the error mentioned above, but at least I don't get any perpetual reboots.
It appears wifi is the only aspect of my phone is broken; unfortunately it's also one of the most-used functionalities I use. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions they would be much appreciated!
Additional information on my phone:
Model number: HTC Vision
Android version: 2.3.7
Basband version: 22.214.171.124U_26.13.04.19_M
Kernel version: 126.96.36.199-cyanogenmod-g295e82f android@portatile #1
CPU info: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
Mod version: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-vision
Build number: GWK74
Edited by gigazelle, 01 November 2012 - 09:31 PM.