Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Mobile Network And Wifi Not Working Cm9 On Unlocked At&t Captivate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 happy20b

happy20b
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Dear All,

I have a AT&T captivate . I am in India and the phone has been unlocked using codes provided by AT&T. Right now running official 2.3 ROM. And everything is working fine except few hangs. So I decided to install CM9 ROM which i was able to install successfully. But after installing the ROM,  mobile network  and WiFi were not working at all . I had installed CM9.0, and now i see CM9.1 which i will install today and let you know if  mobile network working.
I am also goin to try CM10 M1.  But why mobile network was not working in CM9.0 ? Do i have to unlock cell using AT&T code again ( I have to search for that code now) ? Or do i have to flash any new Radio?

Thanks

Edited by happy20b, 12 September 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#2 NP SHO

NP SHO
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Was your installation of CM9 one of the release candidates (RC1 / RC2) or was it a nightly?  The nightlies are experimental and are usually broken on some level so it is possible to have things like the mobile network, wifi, camera, etc. to not work.  CM10 nightlies are working well and I use it as my everyday all-purpose phone.  Can't comment on 9.1 as I skipped it and went right to the CM10 nightlies...

#3 happy20b

happy20b
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Sorry forgot to mention.. I had flashed stable CM9.0. Hmm i think better to flash CM10-nightly and try instead of checking with CM9.1 stable.

Will flash today and post it back. But i dont have to unlock the phone again right ?

#4 NP SHO

NP SHO
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Not sure about having to unlock it again.  Do you still have the codes that AT&T gave you  in case you need to unlock it again?

CM10 Nightlies have been working great so far.  I just flashed the M1 release (you can find it in the nightlies list, it's marked as EXPERIMENTAL-M1) last night.  It's supposed to be more stable than nightlies, but not quite a RC.  Seems to work well as all of the CM10 nightlies have.  I would suggest running a batch backup with Titanium Backup, Do a Nandroid backup, then reset data / clear the cache before installing the CM10 ROM... just to avoid any hiccups.

Good luck and report back!

#5 happy20b

happy20b
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

No luck with CM10 nightly also..  WiFi is working though but Mobile network, is not getting detected .. :( :( ...

Please someone help.. flashing back "I897UCKK4 Stock"  where everything works fine but it is buggy :/

I tried with CM9 stable and CM10-nigtly .. in both version mobile network is not geting detected :(

I have one doubt.. flashing CM ROMS flashes radio as well ??? Right now it is "Radio (baseband): I897UCKK4"

Thanks in advance

Edited by happy20b, 14 September 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#6 happy20b

happy20b
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

Is there any harm if i try to flash stock modem of  I897UCKK4 firmware after flashing CM9 or CM10 ? the modem is listed here

http://forum.xda-dev...82&postcount=10

#7 NP SHO

NP SHO
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Not positive, but I would assume that if there were still issues with CM after flashing the stock modem you should still be able to revert back to the stock ROM.  I don't see why it would be a problem, but I've never flashed a different modem so I can't say 100%...

#8 happy20b

happy20b
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Strange.. I thought i will flash CM10 again and then flash  stock modem..  Unlike before this time when i flashed CM10.. the  mobile network got detected and working :)

#9 NP SHO

NP SHO
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

That's great news! Glad it's working for you now. Now you can enjoy some Jelly Bean goodness!