Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Touchpad Stuck In Cm9 Boot Screen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roct9

Roct9
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

My Touchpad's battery drained until it shut down, so I plugged it back in and left it there. About 30 minutes later I walk over, and I see the CM9 logo (as if it were booting into cm9) still on. Is there a way to get out of this without losing all of my data? Can I get out of it in the first place?

#2 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostRoct9, on 20 August 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

My Touchpad's battery drained until it shut down, so I plugged it back in and left it there. About 30 minutes later I walk over, and I see the CM9 logo (as if it were booting into cm9) still on. Is there a way to get out of this without losing all of my data? Can I get out of it in the first place?

Have you tried forcing a reboot by holding down power and home buttons for at least 30 seconds?  How did you let it drain down like that?

#3 jcadeau

jcadeau
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

HI,

I get the same issue.
I had the issue on a july nightly build and I have just updated to the last one (19th august). To do that I boot on webos to be able to copy files on the device... but after update nothing has changed. The device is indefinitly on the CM9 launching video (more than 1 hour in my latest test).

does someone have an idea to fix this?

#4 bbthegameboy

bbthegameboy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Same here... 08192012 nightly stuck in boot screen since yesterday... first time I have this issue since I installed cyanogen...

Tried to reboot in CWM and reinstalled 08192012, wiped partition cache and dalvik, did not work, then tried to reinstall older nightly (08142012), wiped  partition cache and dalvik... Did not work....

So I just rebooted in webos... A bit clueless about this and on the verge of factory reset.

Please help

Edited by bbthegameboy, 01 September 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#5 jcadeau

jcadeau
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi,

I notice you are french. This happens to me after my first reboot after the installation of the Amazon App Store. Any chance you are in the same situation ?
I've rebooted on clockwordmod, and select "Wipe data/factory reset" and then "Wipe cache partition"... then CM rebooted successfully but I have to do a entire configuration :-s
HTH

#6 Nevertells

Nevertells
  • Members
  • 1163 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Postjcadeau, on 01 September 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

HI,

I get the same issue.
I had the issue on a july nightly build and I have just updated to the last one (19th august). To do that I boot on webos to be able to copy files on the device... but after update nothing has changed. The device is indefinitly on the CM9 launching video (more than 1 hour in my latest test).

does someone have an idea to fix this?

View Postbbthegameboy, on 01 September 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Same here... 08192012 nightly stuck in boot screen since yesterday... first time I have this issue since I installed cyanogen...

Tried to reboot in CWM and reinstalled 08192012, wiped partition cache and dalvik, did not work, then tried to reinstall older nightly (08142012), wiped  partition cache and dalvik... Did not work....

So I just rebooted in webos... A bit clueless about this and on the verge of factory reset.

Please help

Try using cwm and do a factory/data reset.  This going to wipe out all  your data, setting and apps, so be sure you make a backup.  If this does not work, you need to run ACMEUninstaller and start over.  The factory/data reset will hopefully clear whatever is causing the problem.  Then restore your backup and pray the problem is not in the backup.  After the reset or uninstall, after setting up your Google account, all your apps should download from Google's servers.

Edited by Nevertells, 03 September 2012 - 12:43 AM.