Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

What The Heck Is Kernel Panic Upload Mode?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

I installed cm9 on my sgs 2 GT-I9100 as i was having trouble with my old rom. anyway got it how i want it, then went to recovery to do backup then near end of backup this Kernel panic upload mode screen comes up, what is it?

their is a code in red at the top [rst_stat = 0x20000000] what should i do now and why has it come up? Never seen this before.

#2 RageRiot

RageRiot
  • Donators
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

this might not be helpful but from the very little I've read about linux kernal panic is a state the kernel goes in if somthing bad happens or unexpected. similar to a blue screen on windows. correct me if I'm wrong anyone I'm trying to learn linux... slowly

#3 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Oh dear so what should i do now? i have left it on this screen as to scared to do anything, as i have never seen this before. I think because i have tried so many kernels, rom etc etc. Maybe i should just wipe everything go back to stock and start again. Any ideas would be great.

#4 iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

so i did a little search, and it seems people fixed this problem by flashing the official samsung rom through odin. so just put your phone on download mode and connect it to odin

#5 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Where to i get official samsung rom from that link was to very.co.uk

#6 iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

i usually get samsung roms from www.sammobile.com

#7 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ok will give this a go

#8 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Well that didn't work. installed fine but when phone booted it gets stuck on the S screen of samsung boot, i guess i am pretty much stuffed now.

#9 iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Try restoring phone to factory settings

#10 cyberpedz

cyberpedz
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Ye managed to get in to recover and wipe data/factory reset all sorted. so now i should be all set to install roms again with no troubles. I am presuming i have to root again etc.