Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

option to sync contacts with google?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Martin00

Martin00
  • Donators
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Aria (Liberty)
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 6 Nightly Liberty
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:35 AM

Under accounts and sync I have an option to sync my gmail and my calendar but no options to sync contacts. In contacts all of my Google contacts show up as local only no sync. Is anyone else seeing this? Am I overlooking a setting somewhere?

Update: I solved my own problem.
Solution: I Booted into recovery, wiped to factory, installed gapps from zip, (installed Titanium from zip), rebooted. Sync option for contacts now shows.

Edited by Martin00, 31 August 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#2 Tsany

Tsany
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Inspire
  • CM Version:
    CM7 RC2
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Martin00, on 31 August 2010 - 06:35 AM, said:

Under accounts and sync I have an option to sync my gmail and my calendar but no options to sync contacts. In contacts all of my Google contacts show up as local only no sync. Is anyone else seeing this? Am I overlooking a setting somewhere?

Under Settings->Accounts & Sync settings->(manage accounts section)[My gmail account] I can see four options : Sync Contacts/Gmail/Picasa/Calendar

btw ... At the begining I didn't realize there is more options under [My Gmail Account] ... maybe you are doing same mistake   ;)

Tsany

#3 Martin00

Martin00
  • Donators
  • 28 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Aria (Liberty)
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen 6 Nightly Liberty
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Tsany, on 31 August 2010 - 04:41 PM, said:

Under Settings->Accounts & Sync settings->(manage accounts section)[My gmail account] I can see four options : Sync Contacts/Gmail/Picasa/Calendar

btw ... At the begining I didn't realize there is more options under [My Gmail Account] ... maybe you are doing same mistake   ;)

Tsany

Thanx, I didn't have an option for contacts. Wipe solved the issue (thank the gods for Titanium!)