Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Unfortunately, The Process Com.android.phone Has Stopped.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanPrez

JonathanPrez
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:JonathanPrez
    do - Dominican Republic
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy SII Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CM9 Stable
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

I need some help, I've done every step correctly. I Factory wiped, wiped cache, every single thing.
I Flashes CM9 RC2 and this message keeps popping up every 2 seconds and it doesn't let me do anything on my phone.
What should I do?

Please help!!

#2 onealvideo

onealvideo
  • Members
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CM10 Alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Did you do a nandroid backup?  Sounds like you deleted your dialer app possibly...  If you have a Titanium Back up or can find the phone.apk for your build I would try reinstalling it.  Just what first comes to mind...

Good luck with it!

#3 Ronnie2

Ronnie2
  • Members
  • 150 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    LG VS980, HTC One M7
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Either that or there are still some leftover files causing problems. Reboot, wipe everything and reflash CM9. Try flashing darkside superwipe before you flash CM9, link is below.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1487706

#4 onealvideo

onealvideo
  • Members
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CM10 Alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

As always... make sure you wipe your caches... both of them... it's just a cache... it won't kill your phone...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#5 onealvideo

onealvideo
  • Members
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CM10 Alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I am curious, if you go to your about phone settings.... what does your baseband say?

#6 markeightch

markeightch
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 Skyrocket ATT
  • CM Version:
    CM9 rc
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm not a techie but I like to tweek my phone.  I have a lot of apps and was in the process of deleting what I don't need because my battery life seems to haved decreased after loading CM9 RC.  I have 3 dialers, exDialer, GO Dialer and the stock Phone dialer.  I froze exDialer and the stock dialer, thinking I'd use the GO Dialer. (Coincidentally I also used Titanium Backup and did a "Fix Permissions" around the same time.) After I did the Fix Permission I started getting the above error(not sure what the connection is).  Doing some research I discovered it might be a network thing because I learned if your remove the SIM card, or put the phone in airplane mode the message will stop.  That fix also said to go into settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks, and change the network to get it to stop.  Whenever I clicked on Moble Networks I'd get an error saying "Unfortunately Settings has stopped".  I was about to re-flash the ROM, preparing to restore and reset all my data when I came across this post where it implied the problem could be with the dialer.  I unfoze the dialers and PROBLEM IS FIXED!  Apparently CM9 RC really like the stock Phone dialer.  Thanks for the tip.

#7 onealvideo

onealvideo
  • Members
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
  • CM Version:
    CM10 Alpha 3
  • Recovery Image:
    Other

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

CM9 uses its own dialer.  Stock is a dialer from Samsung.  That is why you can't do all the "hidden" codes... all the *#simlock#* type stuff...

You probably deleted a core file that is needed.  Be careful deleting stuff... If you are having battery drain, use BBS (Better Battery Stats) and see if you have a wake lock or something going on.  Also, use a different Kernel that has better CPU Govern.  Like Instigator or whatever you personally like...