Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Nook Color With 7.2 Keeps Shutting Off...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 nogbody

nogbody
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hey ya'll new to the forum, I've had the nook color for about 6 months, I immediately put CM 7.1 on it when  I got it. Wokred great for 6 months with very infrequent use.. Maybe 6 or 7 times a week I'd play with it. Over the last couple weeks however, it's been doing weird things. Wireless not working not discovering SSIDs and such, and most annoying it seems to shut off constantly! Then it won't reboot unless I plug it in, and then it will reboot.

So i updated to 7.2 without trouble , not wiping my data, but same issues! (Wireless issues are fixed)  So I did a data and cache wipe thinking it might be an app I got, no dice, same problem. I did notice it seems to be hyper sensitive... Even If shake the nook a little it will go into standby and sometimes reboot... If I let the nook sit there, on it will stay on indefintely but the moment I pick it up and try to do stuff, evening lightly shaking it as I mentioned, it will go into standby or completely reboot/shut off

I've cleaned the screen, sounds like a hardware issue, stuck button side button, or at least nook thinks its stuck?... I dunno, is this the boot loop everybody else is talking about? The button on the side used to make it go into standby mode, now when I actually press it it come up with a screen showing reboot and shutdown options, about once in 5 times it will actually put the unit in stanby..

Any other things I can try?

#2 Guest_Phoenix Rising_*

Guest_Phoenix Rising_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

So moving it around will make that nook hose itself out with cyanogenmod on it? Does NOT sound good bro. If its still under warranty I would boot back into the stock nook rom and take it in for a replacement. B&N is good for replacing nookies under warranty.

If you are running cyanogenMod off of the card just dismount the card and boot back into recovery mode by holding in the N button and power button untill it shuts itself all the way off and the scree is TOTALLY dark. Then hold in the power button for a few seconds to boot back into that ROM that came with the nook. You should be all ready to take it back into B&N for a replacement.

Posted Image

#3 nogbody

nogbody
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Thanks so much! Restored the stock firmware, and they are shipping me a new nook.. It was doing the same thing with the stock... Shutting off randomly and asking if I wanted to reboot... Strange.