Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

7.2.0.1 - Google Play Store Not Recognising Device

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClanDroid1.0

ClanDroid1.0
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have recently flashed the newer version of CM (7.2.0.1) after using CM 7.1.0-RC1 for a while.

I made sure I did everything correctly, including clearing caches etc....

At first glance, everything was fine and the ROM was running alot better, (you know that real clean smooth phone feeling you get just after flashing a new ROM lol)

Then i tried to download a game I had been playing called Big Win Soccer, when Google Play Store wouldnt find the app!

I managed to find it on Google Play using the web browser and opened the link using Google Play rather than the browser.

Here it told me that this App was not compatible with my device. Although I had been playing this before Flashing the new CM

I can download the .apk file for this game from many sources on the net and then install and run it, so its not a compatibility issue, its an issue with google play store not recognising that i have a Bravo/Desire GSM.

has anybody else had this issue? I find it very tedious having to do a google search and then a long winded download through some third party media sharing site just to get an App that should be available on Google Play Store.

This problem is the only thing stopping me from carrying on using 7.2.0.1

If it isnt solved, ill have to flash 7.1.0-RC1 again

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

#2 olejon

olejon
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

I have the same problem.

Noticed that Mozilla Firefox and the UEFA EURO 2012 app didn't show up in Google Play on my phone. Checked the website, and it says that they are not compatible with my device. I ran those apps in CM 7.1...

This is a major bug and a major problem.

#3 acidmk

acidmk
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

I have that same problem with google play store :(

I'm not sure if it was a problem with the soft side because I did not find at Mozilla www that HTC Desire is supported device.

Acidmk

#4 jbainbridge

jbainbridge
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I found that too when trying to install Firefox from Google Play. Is Firefox supported on the Desire or is there another explanation?

JB.