Summary: No way to sync only "My Contacts" from Gmail contacts to phone and leave everything else OFF the phone
I have noticed that Android 4x ICS no longer has the option of only synchronizing the "My Contacts" group from Gmail, but instead syncs _everything_, including every single user I follow on Google+. Then it has the option of filtering down to just "My Contacts" in the Contacts app. However, that does not prevent two major inconveniences from happening:
- When using the phone in my car over bluetooth, my car is populated with a few hundred blanks and then all my Google+ connections in addition to the 50-60 I really want in there, making browsing impossible and searching for contacts a hassle
- When searching fro contacts to email, SMS and others on the phone directly, it also displays all hits, not just limited to "My Contacts". Again, with all the G+ links etc that show up in Gmail contacts - it just becomes a big mess...
- I don't want to delete all the other contacts permanently from Google as they could be useful to look up from a computer every once in a while - I just don't want them on the phone constantly.
- Is there a mod planned in CM9 to allow synchronizing only certain groups (like "My Contacts" only) ?
- Is there a mod planned in CM9 to allow the bluetooth stack to select which contacts to send when the car asks for the contacts? (I've tried this in three of our cars, and the problem is clearly on the phone-side)
- What is the right forum in here for such questions / feature requests? I have not found any generic such forums yet - just specific for Samsung Galaxy S III or Nexus S; this however, is a global question...
Make it a fantastic day!