Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Applications missing from dock menu

app dock

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pog90x

pog90x
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello, I just installed cynagenmod 7.1 on my nook color yesterday and its awesome :D I had a few problems but i found some fixes in this forum but one I cant find. I had Applications in the dock menu at first but I think i deleted it by mistake. Now i dont know how to add it back. Does anybody know how?It's those little buttons on the bottom that has the browser and app shortcuts, theres 3 by default but you can change it to 5. it would help a lot if anybody knows how to help me, thank you

#2 Spile

Spile
  • Members
  • 16 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Desire
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

I installed a new theme and that gave me five quick launch icons.
Settings > ADWLauncher > Themes Preferences > Get themes.

#3 pog90x

pog90x
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I still have the quick launch icons but it doesnt show the application one in there now but it did at first. I didnt have my desktop locked and i deleted it by mistake. Do you know anyway to get it so i can put the applications icon there to open it up? I tried to install one of those themes and applied it but that didnt put the app icon there :(

#4 pog90x

pog90x
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

So its not possible to get applications back in the dock bar after deleting it by mistake? It's kind of annoying to have to make a shortcut on the desktop just go get to my apps list. Everything else on this mod is perfect so far though.

#5 meteorrock

meteorrock

Nook Color Devs

• Donators
  • 1012 posts
  • Twitter:#!/cyanogen
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook color
  • CM Version:
    CM-11 - UNOFFICAL - encore | Kitkat | Android 4.4
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

If you are using ADW launcher, on assumption that you are using the same launcher that came with cyanogenmod,  just check in the settings of that launcher to get your dockbar back. I am using ADW EX  but I believe even with the ADW launcher free version that comes with cyanogenMod the settings are the same. It can be accessed by pressing on the menu button in your cyangenMod task bar and then selecting the 'more' options, then ADW launcher options. Then select "reset ADW" where it states you can clear the ADW launcher settings. To not lose your settings next time, after you get your settings back and your dockbar back use the backup and restore options available in the settings.

You then can reapply your themes and other settings like you had before within ADW launcher.

#6 pog90x

pog90x
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Sorry for the double posts but I thought I would get more people to help out. That didn't work either but thanks for trying to help. I don't get why this isn't working. I have one more question though. If I did factory reset will I lose some function i installed in the cynagen recovery that changed the volume + and - keys into menu and back buttons? Thanks again

#7 LakeWind

LakeWind
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    7.1.0-encore
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

pog90x, on 12 March 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

So its not possible to get applications back in the dock bar after deleting it by mistake? It's kind of annoying to have to make a shortcut on the desktop just go get to my apps list. Everything else on this mod is perfect so far though.

Yes it's possible. Click the menu button, click "add", click "launcher actions", click "open/close app drawer. That will put the app drawer on your desktop. Then you can drag the app drawer to the dock to add it again.

If I were you I would leave it on your desktop instead of using the dock. I've had nothing but problems with using that default dock. When I try clicking on an icon, the icon disappears or is deleted from the dock. Very strange behavior indeed! I no longer use it at all.

Edited by LakeWind, 03 April 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#8 kevinv

kevinv
  • Donators
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

I've also had tons of trouble with that dock thing.  Sometimes icons seem to disappear from it, but they reappear if I reboot the device.

#9 kevinv

kevinv
  • Donators
  • 138 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HP Touchpad
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I finally got fed up with this issue and switched over to the Zeam launcher, which is working fine for me now, after some tweaking of the settings.

#10 NakedDave

NakedDave
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC EVO4G
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen mod7
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I just added open app drawer to the swipe up on home screen you go into settings adw general settings swipe up/swipe down and set one to open the app drawer. That way if u screw up you can un screw it up a bit easier. You can do this if its already screwed up too. ;-)

Edited by NakedDave, 29 April 2012 - 12:57 AM.