It seems like there is an unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich ROM available for the Wildfire, yes im not joking, despite the terrible processing speeds of our device in comparison to others, still the Wildfire CM9 team especially Arco68 were able to create a ROM for us, we should all be greatly full for this, and maybe donate so they can improve our ROM
Remember guys, its a beta so somethings may work, some may not.
Just post the bugs/problems that youve noticed so the developers can have a thread to refer to.
IF YOU HAVE AN XDA ACCOUNT, THEN PLEASE COPY AND PASTE MY POST IN YOUR POST. BUT YOU CANT ACCEPT CREDIT FOR IT
The link is >here< to the thread, dont forget your gapps (google apps)
Build date: do feb 2 01:02:29 CET 2012
Build number: IML74K
Remember to read the thread, dont just flash it
Im just about to flash it myself, i cant wait
After 10 minutes of the boot animation constantly replaying, it has booted up
Bugs/stuff that needs fixing - General stuff
1) The lockscreen isnt fully fit to the screen, the bottom part is chopped of
2) During the setup wizard (Sign in part to be exact), the keyboard pushes up everything, so the "back" button and "sign in" button blocks the text field
3) At the end of the setup where the android appears, the image has low quality
4) Half of the wallpaper (named chroma) is black - It was fixed by changing the wallpaper and selecting the same one, (is the option of a scrolling wallpaper there because i prefer it to a still wallpaper)
5) When you press menu and the pop-up menu of ''Wallpaper, Manage apps, System settings" appears, could the menu take up the entire length, like in previous CM versions, it looks kinda weird (I hope, im making sense lol)
6) Lags when opening app drawer, (but i understand the performance issue)
7) After taking a screen shot, the apps/widgets needed some time to load
8) When you hold menu, and the app and a preview image where you were appears, the preview is messed up, it shows multiple images of the same icon
9) Normally when the choice to pick to install, the 'OK' button is the left button, but on this ROM is on the right, was that intentional, maybe its just me thats used to it, also its the same case for 'install' and 'cancel', install should be on the left but its on the right
Bugs/stuff that needs fixing - Apps
1) Gallery - The thumbnails for each folder which contain images on the sd card do not appear, only when you tap and hold on the screen then slide across, then they appear until you remove your finger
2) Messaging icon - Is it me or is the icon slightly bigger than the rest
3) Calendar - Im not sure why there are two of the same stock calender apps
4) Music - On the right hand side of the screen, there are 3 grey boxes but only 2 of them are able to be seen, the 3rd one is chopped of, also the box which shows the [play, fast forward, rewind, time of song played] seems too high up, should it be slightly lowered. The top of the album artwork is chopped of, maybe stuff needs resizing?
5) Search - Im not sure how to describe it but, at the top right, the lines seem to clash, [basically one line shouldnt be there]
All other apps like messaging, music, calendar seem to working fine
Despite all the problems, i really like the ROM, it really has some potential to become a great ROM, i cant wait till when its completed.
I never though i would see anything like a ICS ROM on Wildfire, once again great work CM9 Team
Edited by ChryzaorFlux, 17 February 2012 - 12:13 PM.