Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

CM9 on Epic 4G

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:Mum_m_enthey
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostRobbie Doo, on 16 February 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

I noticed the battery life is much better with Alpha 3.

In the meantime I also updatet to Alpha 3 and really battery life in my Epic seems at least two times better.
But this <Unfortunately, Clock has stopped> error remains.
Furthermore, so I think, Alpha 3 is not as stable as Alpha 2. Perhaps it remained a rest of CM7 code which sometimes forces my SPH-D700 CM9 Alpha 3 to cascades of lights and crashes.
I haven't done a factory reset when I started with CM9 but wiped all that other items mentioned.
Living in Mexico I payed a lot of money for activating my Epic with the operator IUSACELL/UNEFON (NEXTEL has coverage only in the upper north and in Mexico-City). So I fear to loose my personal configuration which I got times ago in a service department of IUSACELL.
Alpha 4 will be achievable soon. So I'll stay on CM9: "The better is the enemy of the good!"

#42 DemonicDork

DemonicDork
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

I too have the clock issue. Which is unfortunate since that's my work alarm. Downloaded one from the market which works fine. Have a stupid question though... can't load IMDB widget anymore :'/ or am I missing something?

#43 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Now I have CM9 Alpha 5 on my Epic 4g - and it works very fine. Meanwhile after Odining EL30 Tar I returned to CM9 Alpha 4 without any problem.
So I've to say thanks and thanks again and above all I have to apologize me to the hardworking developers for reporting only home-brewed bugs.

#44 cyMthey

cyMthey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
    de - Germany
  • Device Model:
    SPH-D700
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Meanwhile on CM9 beta2 I´m very, very content with my choice. Perhaps it's convenient to repeat three important and useful links for CM9:

The install-guide page
http://epiccm.blogsp...tall-guide.html

How to save battery
http://epiccm.blogsp...tion-guide.html

And last not least a flashable stock ROM from sdCard to do configuracion work (PRL, Sprint Dialer codes, sensors)
http://epiccm.blogsp...rom-sdcard.html

Edited by cyMthey, 23 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#45 irishboym4

irishboym4
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    SPH-700D
  • CM Version:
    CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

Just put CM9 on my epic.  Its soo nice.  They fixed the poor bluetooth audio which was my main issue, and now the phone is amazing!! I was previously considering downgrading back to 2.3.  Not a chance now!! Thanks Guys and keep up the solid work!!!!