Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Unable to connect to mobile data

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darkmantra

darkmantra
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi I finally decided to root my phone after 6mths since I bought it and installed 7.1.0-alpha10-Sensation stock no modification done yet. What I notice I could not connect to Market to register my google acct, also I cant connect to FB using FB for android and Tweetcaster in other words it look like i couldnt connect to my MobileData at all. Even if I have 3G or H signal. But I can only go to Browser and normally surf the net without the problem.

Any possible causes of this problem?

Thanks

#2 gol_n_dal

gol_n_dal
  • Members
  • 36 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Sensation
  • CM Version:
    CM7a10 (with Faux kernel)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

How did you S-OFF ?

Did you use a superwipe before CM7 install ?

What Radio are you using (use the one reported by Settings -> About Phone, not the bootloader) ?

Does WiFi work ?

#3 darkmantra

darkmantra
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

I follow exactly this [Guide] to Installing S-off, Unlocking, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on from XDA.

I flash my phone base on the instruction here wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC_Sensation:_Full_Update_Guide using the "Via Recovery"  and never run superwipe

And just now i flash the radio (10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01) recommended from XDA [ROM]Sensation CM7 SelfKang Alphafied Number 10 (11/1) - 2.3.7 and I got this on my phone now: 10.56.9035.00P_10.14.9035.01_M

Wifi perfectly working.

Did I miss something? Thanks

#4 gol_n_dal

gol_n_dal
  • Members
  • 36 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hmm,

Looks like the right process. As far as Radio version is concerned that's the one that CM tested with by all accounts so is fine.  I have used 10.56, 10.58 and a couple of later Radios without issue.

So WiFi is working fine, and it looks like 3G is working if you can browse the Web with it so Mobile Data is fine.

What I've started doing is after installing a ROM, is to remove the SIM card and use WiFi to register my gmail account and use the Market initially to get my apps (restricted D/L limit).

I personally haven't had issues with market but have seen various posts with Market issues.  Some have fixed it by wiping Market Data (Manage Apps, Market -> Wipe Data), I think there were also some versioning issues.  I can't comment on FB as I refuse to use it.

It might be worthwhile getting the latest gapps and install that over the one you have.

#5 darkmantra

darkmantra
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the response, actually i the same thing you did use WiFi to register my gmail account and use the Market initially to get my apps. Anyway I decided to try other ROM (ARHD) from XDA and it fixed my signal got some other issues but can get use to it :)

#6 gol_n_dal

gol_n_dal
  • Members
  • 36 posts
    uk - United Kingdom
  • Device Model:
    Sensation
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

darkmantra, on 23 January 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

Thanks for the response, actually i the same thing you did use WiFi to register my gmail account and use the Market initially to get my apps. Anyway I decided to try other ROM (ARHD) from XDA and it fixed my signal got some other issues but can get use to it :)

Also have a look at the ICS Virtuous Iquisition (Sense framework but AOSP Apps) and Virtuous Quattro (AOSP from the ground up but buggy). You'd need an ICS HBOOT, I installed 1.23 FW (from 3.12 RUU) from Mikes's ARHD thread (also contains a newer radio), this FW (and associated Radio) is also compatible with CM7a10 which I run as main.

Edited by gol_n_dal, 24 January 2012 - 09:00 AM.