Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Droid X2 -> Milestone X2?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:19 AM

Here is a beta of an unofficial port to the Droid X2: http://forum.xda-dev...<br /> <br /> I'm wondering if, and if not then how, this could be compatible on the Milestone X2? Same hardware I believe (it is my understanding the Milestone X2 is just a debranded Droid X2?), so I see no issues, except for possibly a different radio?

Someone enlighten me yo, before I brick my brand new phone :D

EDIT: Just heard from dragonzkiller: "[...] since I do not own that device I cannot support it nor give any guarantee that it'll work. The CM7 zip that is flashed has a check in it to ensure that you're on a DROID X2 with 2.3.4's kernel. As I know those won't be the same, the zip won't even flash."

Anyone with the knowledge willing to help translate it over for the sad, sad Milestone crowd?

Edited by thirdfloornorth, 18 January 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#2 isamuelson

isamuelson
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:ibolski
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Until you can find a developer with the Milestone X2, I hate to say that you are probably out of luck.

#3 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postisamuelson, on 18 January 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Until you can find a developer with the Milestone X2, I hate to say that you are probably out of luck.

I mean, I have a Milestone X2 and am willing to try to learn as long as I dont go bricking the damn thing in the process.

But if the ROM exists for the Droid X2, and the hardware is identical(?) to the Milestone X2... except for say, radio differences, it shouldn't be too hard a port yeah?

I mean, the GSM and CDMA versions of the HTC Desire were so similar their ROMs were developed here in tandem. In this case, this ROM is for CDMA (Verizon) already and my Milestone is CDMA...

Like I said, I'm willing to learn, or at least contribute to the effort.

Edited by thirdfloornorth, 19 January 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#4 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

Im going to have to bump this up a bit.

Milestone X2 users, you need to let it be known you are interested in this.

As for myself, I'm willing to learn how to modify the existing Droid X2 beta to work on the Milestone X2.

Seeing as the hardware, from what I understand, is almost exactly the same (need help identifying the problems, I'm guessing radio), it should be a baby simple port for any experienced developer (which I am not, I have 0% experience).

Seriously looking for both help on, and interest in, this project.

Edited by thirdfloornorth, 30 January 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#5 Ctylersmith

Ctylersmith
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Device Model:
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

Definitely interested.  I just replayed my Desire with the Milestone X2, Cspire.

Someone take pity on our poor souls =\

#6 globalvision

globalvision
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Device Model:
    sdf
  • CM Version:
    sdf
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

thanks

Máy quét mã vạch Máy in mã vạch   Máy bán hàng POS Máy chấm công    Ngăn đựng tiền

www.vinapos.com.vn -   www.globalvision.com.vn  -  www.tamnhintoancau.com  

www.maykiemkho.vn -   www.mayinhoadon.com.vn -   mayquetmavach.com.vn

Edited by globalvision, 31 January 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#7 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostCtylersmith, on 31 January 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Definitely interested.  I just replayed my Desire with the Milestone X2, Cspire.

Someone take pity on our poor souls =\

I did the exact same thing. Literally. Traded my Desire for an X2 with CSpire lol.

It's agonizing running this awesome phone vanilla.

#8 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Gonna try to keep this on the first few pages.

#9 Crapple

Crapple
  • Donators
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:djmdubrmx
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Waiting on CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

well, i just upgraded to the MMX2 from the HTC Desire (Bravo-C) and tho there were no ROM's built from Cellular South/CSpire phone bases, the Bravo CDMA builds worked fine. it just said "Sprint" in the corner. thats all. so, check the radio versions of the DX2 and MX2 and try it. ALSO, i havent seen anything from Todd62 in a while but i believe there's a program that you can run on your PC to unbrick your moto. i cant for the life of me remember what its called. but im searching.

anyway, there is a CM7 based build for the MMX2 on XDA that is probably the one linked above, so if someone is brave enough to flash it and give us some feedback, do it and holler at us. n if it works for me ill buy you a beer ha.

#10 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostCrapple, on 07 February 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

well, i just upgraded to the MMX2 from the HTC Desire (Bravo-C) and tho there were no ROM's built from Cellular South/CSpire phone bases, the Bravo CDMA builds worked fine. it just said "Sprint" in the corner. thats all. so, check the radio versions of the DX2 and MX2 and try it. ALSO, i havent seen anything from Todd62 in a while but i believe there's a program that you can run on your PC to unbrick your moto. i cant for the life of me remember what its called. but im searching.

anyway, there is a CM7 based build for the MMX2 on XDA that is probably the one linked above, so if someone is brave enough to flash it and give us some feedback, do it and holler at us. n if it works for me ill buy you a beer ha.

The one I linked is specifically for the Droid x2. I asked the author, and he said it was specifically written to check, and if was not specifically a DX2 it wouldn't even attempt to install. So I'd love a link to the one you are talking about :D

Also, I did the same thing in regards to upgrades. When I got my Bravo-C from Cellular South, there were no roms for it. I actually pestered people enough to get others to start working on it ;p

#11 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Anyone heard any news about CM9 for Milestone X2? Or should I keep harping on the CM7 route?

#12 Crapple

Crapple
  • Donators
  • 88 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Waiting on CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

View Postthirdfloornorth, on 13 February 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

The one I linked is specifically for the Droid x2. I asked the author, and he said it was specifically written to check, and if was not specifically a DX2 it wouldn't even attempt to install. So I'd love a link to the one you are talking about :D

Also, I did the same thing in regards to upgrades. When I got my Bravo-C from Cellular South, there were no roms for it. I actually pestered people enough to get others to start working on it ;p

i was referring to the DX2 build. my apologies for the undue excitement.

#13 Garybogwraith

Garybogwraith
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    None yet
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postthirdfloornorth, on 31 January 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

I did the exact same thing. Literally. Traded my Desire for an X2 with CSpire lol.

It's agonizing running this awesome phone vanilla.

Literlly just did the same thing with Alltel. I want this ROM sooooooooooooo bad.

#14 mooniefresh13

mooniefresh13
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Stock 2.3.6 (heavily DeBlurred and DeBloated)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

The kernel check can be removed and CM7 WILL flash successfully, with the exception of WiFi not working. It won't even turn on, it just says error. I ran it for a few days but depend on WiFi heavily so I went back to stock. Anyone with any idea on how to get WiFi to work?

#15 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

View Postmooniefresh13, on 24 March 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

The kernel check can be removed and CM7 WILL flash successfully, with the exception of WiFi not working. It won't even turn on, it just says error. I ran it for a few days but depend on WiFi heavily so I went back to stock. Anyone with any idea on how to get WiFi to work?

Holy nuts :D So this actually runs fine on the MX2 minus the Wifi? Who do you have your Milestone X2 through?

Do you think you could you could throw down a quick how to? I'd be willing to flesh it out, I'll even take his most recent release and remove the check and re-upload it here, just need a quick guide on how you rooted, removed the check, and flashed it.

#16 mooniefresh13

mooniefresh13
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Stock 2.3.6 (heavily DeBlurred and DeBloated)
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yea, I've flashed both CM7 and MIUI, but both resulted in a fully working, fully functional ROM minus wifi. If we can get someone to fix that error (dunno how much headche that would be) then we would be set. BTW, my X2 is through Appalachian Wireless. Give me a bit until I get to work and I'll see what I can throw together for you all. Least I can do I guess, lol.

Edited by mooniefresh13, 25 March 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#17 Garybogwraith

Garybogwraith
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    None yet
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Has anyone here successfully rooted an Alltel MX2? And if so, would you be so kind as to point to the successful method used?

#18 thirdfloornorth

thirdfloornorth
  • Members
  • 72 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    HTC Desire CDMA / BravoC
  • CM Version:
    CyanogemMod 6.1 RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Really want to try this now D:

#19 Garybogwraith

Garybogwraith
  • Members
  • 20 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    None yet
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Looks like the community around the MX2 is dead. Might be time to switch to a device more widely supported.

#20 Crapple

Crapple
  • Donators
  • 88 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Milestone X2
  • CM Version:
    Waiting on CM9
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

well i successfully rooted my CSpire MX2 and had no issues until i was looking for a compatible recovery image. i found nothing, none of the milestone/droid would flash that i found, it would just reboot into normal recovery when i tried booting into recovery. UNTIL i flashed an Atrix recovery image, which i read was supposed to work. it didnt. my phone would only boot to the "M" logo and would say either "Failed to boot 2" then "Entering RSD mode", "Starting Fastboot Protocal" or "Entering NvFlash something something". so..i warrantied it out. not attempting again until something is more solid.

can anyone point me in the direction of a recovery image that WILL work (as in YOU USE it) on a CSpire MX2???

well i successfully rooted my CSpire MX2 and had no issues until i was looking for a compatible recovery image. i found nothing, none of the milestone/droid would flash that i found, it would just reboot into normal recovery when i tried booting into recovery. UNTIL i flashed an Atrix recovery image, which i read was supposed to work. it didnt. my phone would only boot to the "M" logo and would say either "Failed to boot 2" then "Entering RSD mode", "Starting Fastboot Protocal" or "Entering NvFlash something something". so..i warrantied it out. not attempting again until something is more solid.

can anyone point me in the direction of a recovery image that WILL work (as in YOU USE it) on a CSpire MX2???