Welcome to CyanogenMod
|Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
[Q] (status 7) Installation aborted
Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:44 PM
"E:error in /emmc/update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2-signed
How i can fix that?
Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:11 AM
Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:36 PM
"GalaxyS2" in Cyanogen speak = GT-I9100
"GalaxyS2att" = SGH-I777 if I recall correctly.
What version of recovery are you flashing from?
From recovery or Rom Manager?
Update or first time install?
Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:59 PM
7.1.0-GalaxyS2ATT listed here:http://wiki.cyanogen...ung_Galaxy_S_II
got that link from the wiki. first time install of Cyanogenmod, rooted my phone with Odin etc as shown on this video http://galaxys2root....xy-s2-sgh-i777/
tried from Recovery first and many times after that, but I've also tried directly from Rom Manager and am getting a corrupt .zip file message when I try to download via rom manager.
Thanks very much for the help.
Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:44 PM
You can't install for the first time from Rom Manager, but you can flash updates after initial install with RM.
The flashing twice part is very important (problem with the install script IIRC)
The steps below are common between the GT-I9100 and the SGH-I777
Which version of recovery does that kernel come with?
- Make sure you're running a rooted device.
- Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery (http://forum.xda-dev.....php?t=1118693)
- Do a Nandroid backup!
- WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition) - do it for real.
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Do not reboot! We mean it - do nothing except choose zip and continue next step (if you come back to us with permission issues in install, we will know you did not read the directions and will call you an idiot). If it just plain hangs, reboot directly back into ClockworkMod recovery and continue at the next step.
- Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery, again (due to a bug in the install).
- Install the Google Addon through ROMManager which is easiest, but you can
download the gapps.zip and install via ClockworkMod recovery instead.
Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:44 PM
Recovery version is 18.104.22.168
This is the exact message I'm getting when I apply update from .zip file on internal SD card:
-- Installing: /emmc/update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2ATT-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Edited by ahkstone, 11 January 2012 - 10:48 PM.
Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 AM
Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:55 AM
selecting the update-cm-7.1.0-GalaxyS2ATT-signed.zip file seems invalid, converting it to a folder and checking the sum of that doesn't match the md5 listed here where I downloaded:http://wiki.cyanogen...ung_Galaxy_S_II
neither do any of the files inside. is this the right thing to do?
Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:11 AM
I have Winzip and it's only a matter of right clicking the zipped ROM and selecting checksum.
I'm not sure if 7zip and Winrar do md5, they may generate a different type of checksum.
You could try downloading it again in case you got a bum DL.
Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:31 PM
Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:08 PM
Codeworkx's version would be guaranteed to rule that scenario out: http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=18052303