Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

notification sounds/vibration stuck/not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aliciapeas

aliciapeas
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Device Model:
    zte blade
  • CM Version:
    7.1.0 stable
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

hi,

the other day i upgraded to gen2 and CM7, and since then, i noticed that the sound settings for incoming calls/notifications won't change even when i've changed them. i can turn my phone to silent but vibrate will not work for notifications and it always uses the same notification/call sounds even though i've changed them. the phone still does vibrate so it's not broken.

what do i do, thanks :D

#2 Condor

Condor
  • Members
  • 127 posts
    nl - Netherlands
  • Device Model:
    ZTE Blade
  • CM Version:
    CM 7.1.0
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

1. I have no idea why, but some people don't have valid sound files after upgrading. Have a look at /system/media/audio/notifications and /sdcard/notifications. If that doesn't help, maybe you need to reinstall CM7.1.
2. Notifications for every app can be set to default or custom. If you set every app to custom, setting the default notification sound doesn't do anything.