Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Update Nightly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mharmon

mharmon
  • Members
  • 8 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid X
  • CM Version:
    7.2.0-RC1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

[Moved to Unstable section]  I keep running into the same problem trying to update my CM7 with the latest nightly.  I have SBF'd back to .340 and installed the update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed successfully.  I'd like to get up to date with a later ROM to get rid of the double USB icons when charging, CDMA banner, etc.

When I go to ROM Manager, the most recent nightly is #154 (11-16-2011).  When I check ROM Toolbox, I see newer builds, but when I tried to download and install today, my phone froze at the boot icon and I had to SBF back to .340 and restore using Titanium.

What are the actual steps to install the ROM.  Should I be using ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager?  What are the steps after downloading the update?

Edited by mharmon, 03 January 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Droidx_guy

Droidx_guy
  • Members
  • 3 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Droid X
  • CM Version:
    Cyanogen Mod 7 Nightly #154
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I used neither. If you sbf back to .340 then just root and use CWM recovery. Install from sdcard and bam it worked for me. I imagine that once you get the nightly 154 to boot then you can do the same with whatever other rom you find. Just make sure the rom you flash and the rom your on use the same kernel (froyo, gb etc.) I believe that makes a difference

#3 FCW

FCW
  • Members
  • 5 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
  • CM Version:
    cm-11-20140305-EXPERIMENTAL-BEKTEST00-toro
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Since no new "nightly" ROMs have been posted since cm_shadow_full-154.zip was released 11-16-2011, does that mean that the original Motorola Droid X (aka "Shadow") project has been dropped?

Wood

#4 Drez143

Drez143
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Device Model:
    Droid X
  • CM Version:
    Night 78
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

People still own the Droid X?

#5 waquaxy

waquaxy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:no tweet
  • Device Model:
    Droid
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Ratha new ta this stuft. I like the idea of nightlies, however I don't have enough confidence in myself to download them. I feel like I need more stability. Does there happen to be a rather stable nightly that someone could recommend to a newbie with a dewbie?