Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Support microphone on Nook Color

Nook Color Microphone Bluetooth

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pebcak

pebcak
  • Members
  • 7 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    CM11 Nightlies
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Would love to know the answer too.  My son asked me.  I did not think the earphone jack supported a microphone input either.  USB would be very cool if it were possible.  I know CM7 "sees" bluetooth but I do not believe that the Nook hardware actually has BT hardware.

#2 Gryphon101

Gryphon101
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Color
  • CM Version:
    Phiremod 7.1
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:50 AM

About the functionality of BT on the Nook Color.. I can use a blutooth keyboard with mine, pair to both our ear pieces (but won't connect to them) and pair with my phone (also won't connect to it)
So, BT works on the Nook Color, but the range is not good.  Some are using Blutooth GPS Tethering while connected to their phones.

#3 NookTabCyan

NookTabCyan
  • Members
  • 1 posts
    us - United States
  • Device Model:
    Nook Tablet - N2A Card
  • CM Version:
    Cyanmogenmod 7 - Stable Version
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well on both my Nook Color & Tablet the microphone works well but only with Google Voice Search & Dolphin. I tried other voice control apps like Iris or Vlingo and it didn't work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nook Color, Microphone, Bluetooth