seahorsepip, on 20 February 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:
REMZEJ, on 20 February 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:
Step by step guide to upgrade the HDC A9100 S2 stock ROM 2.3.4 into 2.3.5 using nandroid restore
Note: Be sure that your phone was already rooted using SuperOneClick - Download Link
Requirements: (links provided)
1. MobileUncle MTK Android Tools Kit - Download Link
2. Backup HDC S II Android 2.3.5 - Download Link
3. Nandroid Backup 2.3.5 for Recovery from linerty - Download Link
4. Custom A9100 Recovery - Download Link
Step by step guide:
1. After downloading all the required files extract the files nandroid.rar and backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.rar to any folder you want (desktop is the easiest location) now you will see 2 folders nandroid and backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.
2. Delete the boot.img & system.img files from folder backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5.
3. Now move all the files inside backup_HDC_S_II_Android2_3_5 folder to nandroid\A9100_MT6573\BS-20120125-1307 folder so that all the files will be in 1 folder which is nandroid\A9100_MT6573\BS-20120125-1307
4. Extract the recovery.img file from a9100 recovery.zip
5. Copy the recovery.img, nandroid folder, Mobileuncle-MTK-Android-Tools-Kit-m44tools.apk to your SD Card root directory
6. Now using you Root Explorer or built in File Manager, install the Mobileuncle-MTK-Android-Tools-Kit-m44tools.apk
7. After installation open the Mobileuncle Tools and then select Flash Recovery From SD Card and select the recovery.img (be sure to select the right file if you have other .img files in you root directory).
8. Your phone now will boot in Android system Recovery
9. Using the volume up/down select Backup/Restore and press Power key
10. Select Nandroid restore and press Power key
11. Select A9100_MT6573 and press Power key
12. Select BS-20120125-1307 and press Power key
13. Press Power key again to confirm the restore operation
14. Wait until restore complete.
15. Reboot system now
That's it! Enjoy your A9100 phone with 2.3.5 ROM
You can reset your phone to factory settings to have a new clean 2.3.5 ROM. Just navigate to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset.
I recommend installing RAM Manager Pro and SD Booster increase the persformance of the phone.
HI, I own an A9100 S2, bought in the site www.android-sale.com.
I installed the C and D upgrades and all went well, it seems the GPS
may work, now at least the phone sees some satellites although it did not lock to any yet...
I'll keep trying.
On rev. C satellites were appearing but were gone after some time.
On rev. D the are in 'view' so far..
On rev C and rev D I keep having the message
The Process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly
does it happen to anyone else? is there a solution?
Also I notice tha in rev. D the home button stopped working
to bring the unlock screen alive, now only the power button does that.
I have seen a comment on button mapping that I'll search again to
try to fix it.
If you have any comment or help I'd be pleased to hear.
kind regards and congrats to those who worked on the upgrades,
we are still waiting for something new and official!
ps. found the rack on post #230 to bring back unlock screen with home button
Edited by denisds, 03 April 2012 - 11:29 PM.