Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

Battery life significanly decreased with CM 7.1

battery

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mcta

mcta
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    my - Malaysia
  • Device Model:
    HTC Legend
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

I've just recently rooted mine and I'm loving the CM speed over the stock sense. However, I too am having the battery problem. Tried playing around with the setting, even under clocking, and still the battery is just flowing away somewhere.

#2 broeren79

broeren79
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Legend
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Legend
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi everybody,  first, iw anted to say thanks for everybody working on these mods. Rooted my phone in the past couple of weeks and am running 7.1.0 now, and i must say: this is a fine piece of work! love the features, the looks and the stability. Great!

One thing i have to add though, is that I too am having these battery issues. With the standard HTC rom I managed to squeeze about 24 hrs on a charge, but I barely get 13 or 14 hrs with a charge on this mod. Was looking through the settings and I see there are 2 major drains: Cell standby and Wifi. wifi is a bit expected, but still, it uses much more than on the default rom, but the main mindblower is the Cell standby. Sometimes it uses up to 70% of battery when i am not using my phone a lot. Also, wifi and cell reception is less than the standard rom. this led me to wonder: would this be caused by the radio-rom? If so, maybe some of you that do not have any batterylife issues can share wat radio-rom you are using?

#3 broeren79

broeren79
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    HTC Legend
  • CM Version:
    CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Legend
  • Recovery Image:
    Stock

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

refered to stock rom, and got almost 36hrs of battery life straight out of the box. i'lll stoick with that for now.
Most significant difference is in WIFI-usage. in the cyanogenmod rom wifi accounted for almost 70% sometimes, now with stock rom it is max 40% of a charge.

Edited by broeren79, 09 January 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#4 mcta

mcta
  • Members
  • 2 posts
    my - Malaysia
  • Device Model:
    HTC Legend
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I read from this forum that said that there is a process that is always running at max cpu. And said that the newer nightly build has fixed the problem.
http://forum.cyanoge...__1#entry149671

I tried it out and the battery seems to last longer. Not as long as 36hrs but at least it can last for the whole day. I'm guessing that its probably because ginger bread needs to process more, and probably thats why HTC dint update the legend to 2.3.

But its still good for me. Not as laggy anymore. :lol: Yay.

#5 MrKappa

MrKappa
  • Members
  • 15 posts
    it - Italy
  • Device Model:
    Galaxy S4
  • CM Version:
    Nightly
  • Recovery Image:
    ClockworkMod

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

But I understand that the nighly builds you mention are from March 11 (based on the posts you have linked) so CM 7.1 should have this fix already I guess. Or you mean some really recent builds?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battery