FWIW, this exact problem has been driving me crazy for months and I finally found a good solution.
1. Remove/uninstall any manually installed/pushed copies of Google Music
2. Reboot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik-cache
3. adb pull /data/system/packages.xml
4. adb shell cp /data/system/packages.xml /data/system/packages.bak
5. Open packages.xml using Notepad++ or your favorite editor
6. Find "com.android.music", the only instance should be a line about a package rename. Mine was at the very end of the file. Delete that line only.
7. adb push packages.xml /data/system/
8. Reboot and install directly from the market
Welcome to CyanogenMod
|Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Unable to update Google Music
10 replies to this topic