Welcome to CyanogenMod

Welcome to our forum. Like most online communities you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of the CyanogenMod Forum by signing in or creating an account. You can even sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Download files attached to the forum.
  • Customize your experience here
  • Share your CyanogenMod experience!
Guest Message by DevFuse

[RECOVERY] Build CWM 3.2.0.1 and future version

CWM 3.2.0.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mr_chen

mr_chen
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix
  • CM Version:
    4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

Introduction

The reason I am creating this post is because you do find a lot of mistakes on how to build CWM 3.2.0.1. This guide will work for CWM 3.2.0.1 and any future version. There is a file 1gb_clockwork-3.2.0.1-eyeballer.img. This is a prebuild CWM 3.2.0.1 image. If you decide to use this file, you can skip this guide.

ClockworkMod Recovery changelog - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=971197

Prerequisite
  • Download ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.2.8. Pick the appropriate file size xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img.gz. The file size is the amount of space ClockworkMod Recovery will allocate on your sd card regardless its capacity.
  • Download the updated  ClockworkMod Recovery Image from Rom Manager. From the "Device Name" Nook Color, click the column "Download Recovery." As of 10/12/2011, the file name is recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-encore.img.
CWM 3.0.2.8 build
  • Extract xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img.gz
  • Write the xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img to the SD card:

Windows

1. Due to Windows not having the ability to write images to drives, you will need win32DiskImager to accomplish this. Latest version should be fine.

2. Insert the SD card you are going to use to write the xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img image to.

3. Open win32DiskImager.

4. Select the downloaded & extracted xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img image with the folder button.

5. Select the drive letter for the SD card.

6. Write the xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img image.

Linux

1. Insert the SD card you are going to use to write the uNooter image to.

2. On the computer, open up terminal and navigate the directory where the extracted uNooter image is located.

3. Once in the same directory as the uNooter image, type the following commands:

umount /dev/<sdcard>

NOTE: <sdcard> is the device file associated with the SD card, e.g. sdc.

dd if=xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img of=/dev/<sdcard> bs=1M

Mac OS X

1. Insert the SD card you are going to use to write the uNooter image to.

2. On the computer, open up terminal and navigate the directory where the extracted uNooter image is located.

3. Once in the same directory as the uNooter image, type the following commands:

diskutil list

NOTE: This will help you identify the SD card. Make sure it is the SD card & not one of the hard drives of the computer.

diskutil unmountDisk /dev/<sdcard>

NOTE: <sdcard> is the device file associated with the SD card, e.g. disk2.

dd if=xxgb_clockwork-3.0.2.8.img of=/dev/<sdcard> bs=1m

CWM 3.0.2.8 -> CWM 3.2.0.1

At this point you have a bootable CWM 3.0.2.8 sd card. So to get a CWM 3.2.0.1, you will need to move 2 files from recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-encore.img into your sd card.
  • Open recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-encore.img with WinRAR and extract "kernel" and "ramdisk-recovery.ub"
  • Rename "kernel" to "uImage" and "ramdisk-recovery.ub" to "uRamdisk"
  • Move those 2 files on your CWM 3.0.2.8 sd card and accept the overwrite.
  • At this point you have a CWM 3.2.0.1

This guide will work for creating CWM 3.2.0.1 and future version.

Edited by mr_chen, 01 December 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#2 davisfactor1

davisfactor1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    nook color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

Dear Mr. Chen,
I have installed cwm 3.0, cm7.1 and gapps 20110828.  No matter what I do I cannot get the market on my nook color.  Any suggestions?
Thanks

#3 mr_chen

mr_chen
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Device Model:
    Motorola Atrix
  • CM Version:
    4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US
  • Recovery Image:
    TWRP

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

davisfactor1, on 19 November 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

I have installed cwm 3.0, cm7.1 and gapps 20110828.  No matter what I do I cannot get the market on my nook color.  Any suggestions?

Suggestion 1
==========

Install the Android Market apk, http://lts.cr/BDW_. Just download it and open the file on your Nook Color. It's not a spyware. The file came from here, http://www.androidpo...tcuts-and-more/

Suggestion 2
===========

Backup your settings and apps with Titanium Backup.

1. Make sure you have CWM 3.2.0.1 installed on your sd card. The easiest way to do is to use 1gb_clockwork-3.2.0.1-eyeballer.img, http://tinyw.in/0Vw.
2. Put gapps-gb-20110828 on your sd card
3. When you are booting into CWM, do a "wipe data/factory reset." You can try to appy gapps-gb-20110828.

I don't know if it will fix your problem. Post again if you have a problem.

#4 davisfactor1

davisfactor1
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Device Model:
    nook color
  • CM Version:
  • Recovery Image:
    Cyanogen

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

nevermind I got it working perfectly!!  Thanks for directions!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CWM 3.2.0.1